Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Look what finally came in the Mail!

It's the Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Natural Home. Yes, the very one that the Boy's Godparents "Young Lovers' Knot" throw is in, and yes, the one where I supplied the picture! And the very same one which found itself as a pressie to my newly married best friend (well September newlywed.) Go ahead, click on the picture to make it larger, and check out that gorgeous weaving pattern Sandra used in creating the throw. I love her work, and her goats, Oh My. Their mohair yarn is so heavenly and so soft. In case you're wondering angora goats make what they call mohair. But Sandy doesn't spin that tiny little crap you'll find from Colinette or anything, lo she makes a nice meaty spin, with her kidd roving. And all other sorts of handspun. Then she generally weaves the pieces into something special, and warm and comfortable. Mary's lucky she actually got this throw, I was thinking of keeping it for my own, but I was promised one in the future ~if it ever comes to that ;o) And incase you can actually see the price, I have to admit I didn't pay that. Sandy was generous even though that's how she makes her living, and one of the only way she makes it.

Well I just tried to click on the picture, but I'll have to shoot this on my camera. Later tonight.

No comments: