Thursday, May 17, 2007

I think I'm blushing...

well I suppose if I have an audience to this here page, then perhaps I should be a little more diligent in helping to maintain the commuKNITy. But I'm lazzzy, and I'm whining......
okay I'm done but seriously, I did blush when I noticed I was tagged for a meme. Which I find a little redonculous since I can't even say the word meme, is there an e sound on the end? Dunno...
But all the way from the Furious Knits:
a Meme. My first meme. And yes I doo feel like a virgin.

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog. Here are my facts:
unfortunately I'm going to be a coward and not leave a comment on the blogs, but I know I should.

1. I once made a *knitted* wall for the San Francisco Travelling Jewish Theatre doing a outstanding play called the Devil on all Sides. It was actually the back wall to the house and a side wall with a door. The play was rather fantastic, the lead actress learned to knit for the part, but it was a rather heart wrenching story about family and love and life in war torn Bosnia.

2. I am a brat. An actual military brat born and raised on Treasure Island. Yes there is a real Treasure Island, in middle of the Bay Bridge between Sf and Oaktown. I grew up drawing pictures of the bridge with a boat and a mermaid floating in the water, and seagulls over head. I loved that chalkboard.

3. When I was a kid in elementary I used to do the school plays; I was the a chimney sweep in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mrs. Augustus Gloop in Willy Wonka, and the Baroness in Mary Poppins. I gave up acting in the 6th grade for some reason unknown to me.

4. I went to three different colleges, in 8.5 years. First was Sonoma State, man do they ever smoke 'em up there, that was the first year. Then I moved back home and went to SFSU, for 4.5 years, without ever declaring a major (a. they did suck donkey dode, and b. what a mess my life was). Through the excellent recommendation of my fav prof. at SFSU I got into CCAC, that's the California College of the Arts and Crafts. They removed the Crafts and now they're CCA- also the California Culinary Academy's acronym. Oh were we ever mad! But I finally graduated with a BFA (fine arts) in Photography. Unfortunately my school focused on the artist side of the degree, and I hate commercial photo, so I now work in an office.

5. I work for my mum. We have a great relationship. I generally have always hated authority, and will throw their crap back in their faces if they give me a hard time or mistreat my co-workers. My current co-worker has known me since I was 7. So in other words, my mum is my saving grace when it comes to employment. I'm also her third kid to work in the office. Maybe I've always just had crappy bosses, over bearing she bitches and small sour man terds...

6. My very first tattoo (there are 4 of them now) I never told my mum about. Actually the husbeast told my mum about a month ago when she finally saw a flash of it on my side. It's a morphing butterfly with a red inked wing on one side and the other side of the wings are a Celtic knot. Yeah , I just couldn't ever tell her. Kind of like how I had to have the husbeast call her to tell her we had just eloped. I called his family in fair trade. Can you imagine though having a tattoo that you never told your mum about for 12 years! Oh that just reads and sounds soooooo awful. But at the same time I can't help just to giggle. And yes it is on the side of my ribs, easy enough to hide, non.

7. Lastly but not lest, one thing, one thing. Got it, actually it came in the mail monday, and I'm currently waiting on the inks so I haven't mentioned it, but ready for it, I purchased a PG11 Gocco machine. Yes, I did say Gocco. Got your attention now. I've wanted one since one of my photo class mates did some crazy ass shit on hers in Alternative Processes class. But I was way too broke, and then they discontinued them. But my years of patience has panned out and I currently hold the latest and slightly better designed print Gocco in my hot little hands. Once I get the inks in, I'll be doing some playing around, and also be making my receptions announcements. And then we'll see how successful I am at graphic designs. But honestly my entire art school mantra was always to be able to incorporate textile and photo, and verse visa. I do believe I hugged it when it came in from Japan, and then I cut out the packing slip and kept it in the box.
Did I mention I hoard things? I'm just horrid in that respect.

And onto the other laddettes out there if you're reading this and in the infamous words of the weird kid in Six String Samurai "TAaG YOuuUR ItT!"
Inside a black Apple, Boogie Knits, Bitter Betty, Good to Be Girl~Amy, Amanda Button (Pandora's Button Box), January One, The Nocturnal Knit Witch, and Alyson ~you Yo-Yo
knitter.
cheers all, and happy knitting. Tonight off to the Bonnie Beer Bitch meetup! Woohoo drunkin' knitting here I come. Woe is me the day we start trying to have kids, but til then it's the good life for me.

2 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

You got a Gocco machine? That is the COOLEST ever! Enjoy!

What is your Etsy link? Do you have one?

Great blog you have here!

xo,

Karen Beth :)
http://zazazu.wordpress.com/

spirals said...

thats a super idea! i was totally thinkinj about doing something "green" annnnd...i have access to a welder.. but, thats here (canada) and burning man is, well too far for a tree bike to travel on my corolla...

but, no worries.. we wil think of something!