Monday, November 5, 2007

Slimey, Stinky, Snake!

Well hello and welcome back from the foray we call the weekend. So was yours eventful? I know mine was.
Let's start with Saturday, shall we. It was a rather good day I must admit. We made two full loads in my truck and transported 6 heavy barrels and an assortment of up rooted plants. There are still 2 barrels (one is a pond) and a few other things. But man are those dang barrels heavy. And trust me those hops really don't need all that dirt ~ they didn't even grow that well this season. To the ground with them I say, to the ground with them!
Then later that night was the old roomy's birthday BBQ. That was rad, but weird for reason's I don't think I should go into, but let's just say some hopeful female I know has very little tact! I mean whining to me that she may have made the wrong choice at someones Birfday cele, ahhfg. What the fuck. I believe the phrase is a ~modicum of decency, please. (In other words, act with some honor and tact, and like a woman should)...
Then, then there was Sunday. The Sunday where we finally broke down and went washer and dryer hunting. Not my fav. thing in this world. We went to 3 different places, and settled on the one where I locked my keys in the truck in front of. This is not the first time I've done this. So it was a very long day, and we didn't go with the GE's I was eyeballing, and we didn't go with the whirlpools the hubeast was wanting, but we settled on the Frigidaire set that was an improvement on the Whirlpool, but a better price than the GE's. And we paid no tax due to some sales promotion we lucked in on.
I really want to talk about the first sales man that was trying to steer us the way he wanted us to go in the buying process, but his cologne stunk just as awful as his tongue slithered. And yes he was a liar and a snake. Oh my was he ever. I really don't even want to relive the experience so I shall save you the details. I was really happy when he had his fourth (yes, we really were there all day) set of clients on and about the floor when we walked up to this nice, and quiet older gentleman and asked him if he was free. Well wasn't he accommodating and forthright with us. Such a relief! I couldn't get over the pict of him and his wife with afro's on his desk -how cute they were together and just starting out back in the 70's.
That was my weekend, well despite the update on the new Hemlock Ring blanket, I'm into the feather and fan repeats and how fast it goes. I love this blanket, and I love the softness of the cascade ecowool. It's so cost effective and lovely to the touch. I can't do anything but suggest this wonderful wool. 500 yards people, that's a lot.
On the hat front, since I had my dog, and my mum's this weekend I didn't get to Stone Mountain and Daughter for the fabric I need, nor did we get to Ikea (probably a good thing) and I didn't get to sneak off to Urban Ore for the Cast Iron thing I've been wanting, or to see if it's still even there. But it was productive nonetheless.
Soon we may have DSL. But I haven't whined to the husbeast loud enough over it yet. I don't really feel like I care to at this point.
Oh and evidently Meh is just the sound of the cat mocking the entire creative world. I'm just saying.
And I reallllly miss Hero's...
cheers.

edited to note, a huge thanks to my BFF, for pointing out that Monarchism and modicum are two very different things. And if you happened to see the dictionary on my office desk earlier, you would know that I really had tried to find that elusive word, but failed miserable, because well just cause I said so! That's why.

No comments: