Monday, June 16, 2008

When There's Nothing to Say

What does one say when there really isn't much going on...
I suppose a recap on Valhalla would do, but it was rather disappointing. The gal I was hoping to meet up with was absent, as were her lovely corsets. The rest of the vendors left quite a bit to be desired, and there were no Gyros. All in all I'd give this faire about a 6 on the 10 star system. I did pick up a new mug since the husbeast, the cooler, and my old one had a run in with the ground, with an unfortunate ending. Thank goodness the mugs are cheap and handmade.
The best part of Faire may have been the compliments on my wee hats throughout the day. It literally seemed like every 5 minutes someone was remarking on their lovely nature. Which admittedly does a great good to a girl's ego. But now I have 5 mini mini toppers, and well they need to move out of my house and into other person's houses. So I'll see what I can do to rectify that particular dilemma.
On the knitting front, there has been a stunning minimal bit. I think this is where I pipe in with Summer knitting blues. Not that grey skies seem all that blue, but last week it was warm...
Well ta' for now, til I can find something interesting to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can absolutely believe that you got compliments on your wonderful lil' hattery! When i wore mine to the CRF last October, everyone was all over it and the compliments were nonstop! You got a great thing going there, lady! :)

xoxo amanda button

Dawning Dreams said...

I love the hats! I've been trying my hand at similar ones in yarn and have had some decent success, but they still need tweeking. Thank you for the inspiration!