Tuesday, June 24, 2008

H'm


*pokes blog w/ intercomputal knitting needle*

Nope not dead yet!

Having beat the better part of the hot hot heat last weekend, I am currently freezing my tits off. Crazy east bay weather. I must admit though this morning's sunrise was a bit sublime from all the local fires. The days are now Hazey and smell like a camp fire.
Sorry for being so quietly lately, it's just been that I still haven't been doing much of anything for quite some while. Last night I did pick up the needles and worked a few rows on the giant log cabin border. This is the third of four, so it's so close but just such slow going. I really love this thing, and don't want to see it out of our house, but it must go. It would be totally rude of me to keep it for our house. Besides I still have more Noro dying to be knit up. It really just isn't knitting season, it's summer! I should be sewing skirts and schtuff. But honestly I'm afraid I don't know how to sew that well, and I'll just futz everything all up. And there's also the fact that I don't have a sewing table, and my cutting table lives behind the couch and is just an old heavy table top with missing legs. So silly. But here I go again making excuses, so I shall stop.
Coming up in July are 2 hat making classes at the Berkeley Museum of Lace and Textiles, Lacis. I believe I may just take both of the classes, each offering different hats to make. They're all day courses, 10-5. Again, I'm rather eager to learn some new techniques, I've been dying to make little straw braid hats in the Victorian and Edwardian Fashion. How cute would that be, and useful if I'm ever to have a hat booth at one of the local Renaissance/Dickens Faires.
Perhaps I should finish updating the load of hats I have lying about. There are still a few I have yet to show. And then perhaps an Etsy. We'll see.
On an odd note all my Love in a Mist seems to be missing. I know I planted tons of seeds, but I have yet to see head nor hide of a one of them, out of some 500 seeds you would think something would have popped up now.
Anon til another days meeting.

2 comments:

Dawning Dreams said...

*I really like yours better!* Unfortunately, here in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma, there isn't a place to learn how to do it or get the supplies. I guess I'll keep experimenting until I get it!

P.S. I'll be watching for you on Etsy.com. ; )

Anonymous said...

keep an eye on your mailbox...something should be arriving there ANY minute :)