Monday, May 5, 2008

Shaking Fists and Inter computal hugses for Mayhem

This last week and the weekend have been busy, not exactly in a good way. The month of Mayhem is certainly upon us, and I for one am feeling a bit of the brunt of it's forceful ways. My heart goes out to my bff, lots of tears and saying good byes today for her wonderful father.

It's just been one of those sad, depressing weeks. I believe I have even tormented the husbeast with my unwifely behavior of moping and doing nothingness. Even the littlest things like missing the Maker Faire this weekend put me in a rather foul mood. Don't get me wrong, we drove by but there were just so many vehicles that we were daunted and didn't go in. Sad sad socially angst person's that we are.
Then there's the old roomy's dog we've watched for the week, well she had surgery to get rid of her female parts. He comes back from the desert Sat, and Sun calls to see if she should be oozing from her sutchers. She hadn't popped a stitch but she is certainly fighting a mighty horrid infection now. And she is back in my care as I can much easier watch her in the office, then he can by leaving her at his house.
But here's looking forward to the future, and at least Wednesday my old gypsy friend Kyriokos (aka Kyri~ the only person I know with his own theme song) will be visiting our household. No idea which room would be best to put him in as of yet, but at least there's a blow up mattress with his name on it now.
Perhaps his visit will perk my nature up.
You know what though honestly I want to work the Maker Faire, and yes I am still peeved that we didn't go in. But that was my decision. You should have seen the lines, and it was 12. So sad, or should I say lame. The harlot was there, I was wearing a little mini mini plaid top hat. And both the husbeast and I were touchy. But that's just how it is sometimes, nothing will ever be perfect, and really that is okay by me.

Speaking of perfection I am currently working on and frogging and reworking the means by which all the squares of the log cabin are being pieced together. It's slow and methodical when not being a thorn. I also must go and grab some new needles that are long enough for the rest of the blanket tomorrow.
On the hat front well I studied how to do different types of felting and believe I shall needle felt the poor little form of the bowler hat. Now onto the tools which shall be picked up tomorrow likewise w/ the needles.
Quickly before I infect anyone w/ my unbecoming nature, certainly to be blamed on the natural aspects of Mayhem, I bid you ado and soon, iphoto will be my fiend, um friend.
cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely PATIENT Christa...perhaps this will perk you up the TINIEST bit...tho' you very likely think i had forgoten all about our swap, i am here to announce that as soon as i finish up the last few TINY details on your ragdolly girl (Little Miss Jenny Julep:), she will be ready to make her (Extremely tardy) way to her new Mama! Please email me so i can make sure the mailing address i have here for you is right, since i can't remember if you sent it to me before or after you moved. Drop me a line!

xoxo amanda button
amanda@amandabutton.com