Monday, May 12, 2008

Still Mayhem

Yeah Mayhem really is a sleeper month, but lo who cares, onto other things...
here we go. (like how I just avoided all the crap I don't care to discuss, woohoo)
As always it's lovely having company, and even lovelier when they leave. We tootled around with my old gypsy friend Kyriokos before he left yet once again for some part of Louisiana. He was fresh off the boat from Trinidad before then. What a job. Fixing submarines and doing all this weird building stuff. The guy is literally a God among mechanics. Nothing too daunting for him. But I shouldn't praise him too much, or he'll get a fat head. We did show him around the little Island we work on, and then went out for a lovely German dinner. Mmm meatloaf and yummy calamari. And if it weren't for his impeccable driving skills the old Honda would still be stuck in that parking lot in a space too small, and a vehicle too close behind it. But I figured if anyone he could get the Honda out of there, so it didn't really matter if it was a crappy space or not. I also intrigued the young man (turning 30 at the end of the month!) about the budding concept of Steampunk. See he's been a bit out of it sense he hasn't been to the Burn in a few years, and well I just keep going to all these strange events, so it's not that alien to me. We discussed all the possible vehicles of transportation that could be powered by steam, and how dangerous that would ultimately be. Then he and the husbeast stayed up until 6 am debating theology (rather loudly might I add) and drinking bottles of beer, while I awoke every now and again and gave them dirty looks through our Norin curtain that hangs in our hallway.
In between hostessing I also knit on the log cabin blanket, I must say it's just lovely. All the colors going this way and that. The squares are all attached now, and there is a 8 row garter stitch holding them in piece. Last night I cast on for the first of the outer border, which shall be twice as wide as the inner borders. I'm really thrilled to see it coming together over all these months. I must prod the husbeast to give me access to the problematic iphoto. I need to show picts of this thing.
Not much else for now, but it is Monday, so go and enjoy all that it entails.
cheers.

No comments: