Thursday, May 8, 2008

What a lovely paperclip you have there.

It's purple and a circular spiral. And from someone else. I think I'll get some of these for the office, they're just fantastically lovely.
But really you didn't come here to hear about my fascination with a purple spiraled paperclip. Nor the wonderful song on the radio, "I want to be just like you...hoo..." there's horns and a bit of flamenco guitar, and just a lively beat. Ah yes that was refreshing.
So something really odd just happened, it's 11 am and my cell phone rang, I answered it and it was Jaboli. Someone I was acquainted with while separated with the husbeast before he was my husbeast, so this was like 3 years ago? I met him at NorCal Renn Faire in Hollister. He was working the pirates ale booth. Nice guy that turned out was married and had a kid and was still willing to make new "friends". An aspect in his personality, let's just say I was not pleased with. Well any how I believe he has me mixed up with someone else because he wanted to hang out and play music. Those of you who know me may remember that of course I'll pick up an instrument without shame, but honestly I really shouldn't. See, I'm tone deaf! Yes the truth is out. I can't keep beat and I make things up just to amuse myself. Which is rather scary because I have my wonderful concertina, and some bongos. And once at camp (heheh~not real camp) we were really drunk and it was New Years and my friend and I had to pee real bad, and I had a toy accordion, and I took it into the echoey bathroom, and well it was really amusing, to me. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was married and thought his behavior terrible, shocking, and just weird. Needless to say he still wanted to hang out even though I don't think he remembers me, and just found my number in his cell phone. Some people are just strange, and I am strange but he's just stranger than me.
Enough of that dribble.
In case any one was wondering, the ravages of Mayhem are quieting, perhaps mulling, but they are behaving much better, thank you for your patience once again.
After talking to my gypsy friend, Kyri (the oil rigger/fighter pilot mechanic/blimp mechanic~pilot/small airplane mechanic/windmill engineer/submarine mechanic/submarine administrator who travels all over the world), I convinced him tonight would be a better evening for him to come out, so tonight he'll be heading downtown w/ the husbeast and I to my knitting night at the local pub. Yeah for beer. And then tomorrow I entertain, and Saturday hmmm I don't know. I'm sure we'll figure something out, we can't be that old, boring, and married, can we...?
Oh well.
Last night I dragged the husbeast over to Oakland for some necessities from Article Pract. I love that LYS. It's so rad and the ladies are very nice, and they always have crap that I don't need, but must have. Like my new little Lantern Moon tape measure in the shape of a leaf w/ some little lady bugs on it. Also on the prosh side, were a bunch of red buttons w/ little brown checks on them. I think there's 12. That's enough for a lovely button up, or tons of mini top hats, or or or or. The reason I really had to go down there was for some really long size 8 addi turbo needles, I picked up a 47" lace weight needle that should do well for making the larger portions of the blanket. And finally after so many years of wanting one, I grabbed a clover felting tool.
My new handy dandy little clover needle felting tool has aided me in my endeavor to make my little mini bowler hat, but I'm not sure about the construction yet. It's still a bit off, but I didn't finish it either, so in my best means I shall suspend judgement until then.
As for this weekend, we have no real plans, but soon my lovelies, there will be Valhalla and camping, and much Renaissance Fairing.
Anon til then.

No comments: