Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What's New Pussy Cat,

Whoa Whoa Whoaaaaa.
Our pussycat, the enormous Franky aka the Puma has a friend, this friend's name is Buddy Boy. Buddy Boy likes to wake me up at 5, 6, or 7 in the morning and mewh to Franky to either have permission to come in, or for Franky to join him outside. And then he usually saunters through our house from the Puma's window and I've even caught the little bugger eating Frank's foodies. So rude! and so strange. We honestly thought Buddy Boy was a girl for the longest time, 'til I got hold of his collar and figured his name out. Sheesh, I suppose every one needs friends, but come on 5 in the morning, that's just not cool. Thank goodness for squirt bottles, they're my friend...

This last weekend a couple of our friends married, it was a quaint wedding at another friend's home in the hills above where we used to live. A couple days before I pulled my millinery self back together and made a little fascinator for myself to wear. I went with green silks, and earth toned feathers, brown-white-and green/black. Then I topped it off with 3 little blue cornflowers from my garden and a few blue bonnets. And threw on some lovely antique lavender veiling. Aside from the fact that if I bent over the fascinator would fall off, I couldn't even tell I was wearing it. I must say also it was nice to be one of the only women wearing a hat. I felt like I had a complete outfit on, and I actually felt more like a lady because of it. What a *fascinating* concept in space and time travel...wait that's the book I'm reading, silly Douglas Adams.

The blanket slowly grows I knit more rows on that third border a couple of nights ago, still not quite ready to cast off. I believe I will take someone else's advice and single chain around the outside of the blanket to keep it where it should be.

This weekend dawns the fourth of July and believe it or not, we once again have nothing to do. We toyed w/ the idea of making a jaunt out of town, but instead I believe we'll be BBQ'ing w/ friends if they'll come over. And then this weekend I'm jamming. I love jamming and I haven't jammed successfully in quite a few years. Up on the board is raspberry jam w/ my mummy, then Saturday I'm making white peach avec lavendula for the first time in years. See I recently discovered that a branch coming over our fence from a neighbors is actually from a happy and very healthy peach tree. White peach that is. I think I may hand them a jar since they are so wonderful for growing so many lovely fruit trees. Maybe they'll offer me some of their plums, yum. They also have a choyote squash that seems to invade every summer too. Those squash get real big if you let them go, and are real good otherwise.

On the pict behalf there are plenty to be coming especially of the cute little fascinator, I just have to nudge my way onto the computer. The husbeast has been updating and making his website, so I'm like a little intruder to his island when I try to get on it, I swear I'm not just being lazy, honest.
cheers til then.

No comments: