Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Blogi...oops missed it.!

Hello all you boys and girls, welcome to my inside world...
My my my it's been a year and a day since I began this silly little blog. Yeah I kinda missed that one yesterday, much better now though. I just jeesh I have no idea what happened there Sunday, for Monday was horrific. Oh well let's just not dawdle on that now shall we.

So since it's my blogiversary (wow that's long to type out) what shall we do today? Oh talk about knitting you suggest, yes well perhaps we shouldn't. I've been a very bad knitter, in that I knit not a knot nigh on a week. I know how terrible, c'est tres pauvre. Well I have a solution for that yes I do. The husbeast and I are escaping on a 4 day weekend Thursday, and I will be able to knit my hearts content. I believe we're heading for Fort Bragg on the Coast out here, and then heading up to Arcada and Eureka and that area. Hello Redwoods! The weather looks like it's going to hold out, and I'm hoping to get some lovely picts along the way.
Now all I have to do is clean the house so that when my bff stops by to give our cat a belly rub that she won't see the horror that is our house. In the aspect of cleanliness let's just say that I have a bit of ADDHD and well there's crafting crap all over the house. I'm terrible. It's going to take me until we leave just to get the big things tidied up. Or maybe she'll read this and clean my house for me then I won't have to be embarrassed when she comes over this weekend. There now that's a plausible idea (not!)

So with great sadness I must say that I have no more Millinery classes left and that this Sunday was my last. Do you see my meloncoly sadness. It is true. I didn't even want to leave on Sunday even when it was 4 o'clock quiting time. But that's ok, I will move on and find new ways of entertaining my hands, and make more hats. I wish I had picts, but alas I do not at this time. My hats are um, cute. Yes and well honestly different. I made a nouveau tricorn hat form straw and adhered a pirate ship, and a skeleton key and a little skeleton broach I had constructed wrapped in copper wire and some beads. It's cute but not really wearable day to day. The other hat is still not quite finished. It's a hat where I made the frame, it looks like a sailor hat, in that it has a flat crown, and a bigish brim. I'm not crazy about the hat, but it gave me such great opportunities to improve my other hats. I even made a new little topper, but it's not perfect in the shape, and well you'll just have to see. I will trudge on. But I love that I had such a fantastic opportunity to learn so much about millinery.

Cheers for now, and off I go.

No comments: