Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shhh, don't tell.

I just purchased 4oz of grey top alpaca, 4oz of black, 4oz of brown/grey, 4oz BFL in a Dark brown, and some vibrantly blue painted corriedale roving from Spunky! I have yet to ever purchase her roving, but her sock yarns have always been rather prosh. And really who can pass up $1.35 for an oz of BFL? It's like crack I tell ya. These are my brothers pressie to me for my birthday. Thanks big brother! I love being told I can only spend birthday money on yarn and yarny things. Now onto ordering a new axel for the wheel. I do admit that the alpaca was purchased with the husbeast in mind. He loves that stuff. And he keeps asking me if I'll make him a hat. Where in I entirely blame his mum for all of her years of economizing the household with hand knit homespun. I really don't know how I could have ever lucked out so much.
The BBQ was fun, with lots of campfire time. I love sitting with my friends around a campfire, telling stories and updating what's going on in everyoneslives. The husbeasts horseradish crusted beef roast came out delightful, and I loved that I could make another red velvet cake (of course only allowed to be eaten outside.) I did get picts of the "design" but I'm waiting for the ok from the husbeast to down load them into the computer. (IT stuff)
So last time I mentioned that I was on the 6th square of the log cabin, that was a lie, I was really on the 7th. And currently I am half way through with the 8th. Which means one more, then I can show them to ya. And then piece them together. I'm real anxious, I think the FIL will really like it. It's bold and bright, and warm and hopefully it'll be nice and big. YEAH!
The latest mini mini topper is pretty much done, but I'm still waiting to get over to Britex to choose the right trim. The one on there now is a lovely pink and grey silk but it's a bit flimsy.
Honestly though, inspiration is a bit dry right now. Although I have been struggling with making a bowler frame, it just requires a little more attention. Soon though soon.
I think that's it for now. Hopefully next time there will be picts.

No comments: