Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fiber Overload

Ahhhhh, stitches was delightful, but sooo overwhelming. How does one explain the countless rows of vendors or the massive amounts of fiber that filled the convention center. You just can't. I mean I could try, but just know it was massive to the point that I could get lost if I merely turned a corner.
I did come away w/ a few things, a bunch of 4 ply hemp from Lanaknits, and some Malabrigo chunky, and angora (yummmy). Then I also came away w/ some sock yarn from Jojoland, and 2 gorgeous glass shawl closures from Moving Mud. But it seems like I didn't grab that much for the amount of money I spent. But who cares when you have the latest patterns from Cookie, not all of them, but at least 3. The German Stocking, Gothic Spire, and I believe the other is Gothic Floral (?).
Unfortunately there aren't picts yet, but I'll get to it later.
How does one photograph soft? Well I'll see if I can manage a decent picture of the cuddleness of the angora Malabrigo.

In other news, the Boy got the wonderful job at the software company he was sooooo wanting. And now we'll be working in the same town, he almost has regrets leaving the BIG corporation. But at the same time as he is jumping ship, there are huge problems throughout his old company. I think this move is a great change, but I understand the discomfort of a new job, and the possiblities of it just sucking ass. So I suppose only time will tell.

No comments: