Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Hophead Hat

So this hat took about a week or so, after I quit trying to M1 and just did a bunch of YO's. This is the Flore hat from Knitwhits. I used some hemp that was lying around on size 3 DPN's and added a bit of either Rowan Kidsilk haze or the Colinette Parisienne. I had to actually only do 3 tiers or this would have been a huge hat.

Here it is pre-felted version of the Flore hat that later became a handbag. My best advise on knitting would to be : Do a gauge swatch! No matter how lame you think it is. DO A GAUGE SWATCH!

So back to the Hop Head Hat, this was created for the Bistro's (our local beer pub) Double IPA festival. This was most probably the highest attended festival so far. See the Bistro's been around for over ten years, and they have some of the best beers imported from all over the US, mostly the west coast. And their festivals can draw quite a few hundred patrons into the tiny East Bay pub, it's a mad house. And don't even think about peeing anytime soon, those lines are always filled w/ men... whom I give a stern lecturing on the ample benefits of being a man in a beer festival, and rarely, but sometimes some man or other will leave the line to be attended by the women as it should be, and go use a public tree.
Yes, sorry about the TMI, but it's true.
And yes it was fantastic being able to try beer after double hoppiness beer, and thankfully being friends w/ many a beer poorer, well you may get the gist of the situation my poor head was in that night.
So there it is in the out and out. I am admitting to being a Purl and Hurl'er. A drunken knitter. An offbeat knitstress with needles that fly through the drunken air. Don't get me wrong, I drink beer, and mostly only beer. Once in awhile I will imbibe in the tequila or occasional scotch, but it's always hoppy uber sweet and loverly hoppy beer for me. From this love for beer and drinking in public, I began a group of other women like myself, and now every Thursday evening @ 7ish, for the last year steady, I meet up w/ the Bonnie Beer Bitches in good ol' downtown at the Bst Bistro.
Well although I know I ramble and write many a run on sentence, it feels good to air my dirty laundry. Gosh I may just like this bloggy-thing.
Cheers and Happy Knitting all.
PS remind me to tell you about the Boy's crazy idea for our home-to-be...storage containers?! wtf. Thank goodness he's got a cute butt.


1 comment:

Ragnar said...

Faboo, I have forwarded this link on to my hop loving friend. And for the record that is a very manly curlique.