Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Absinthe Mes Amies, Absinthe!

Oui, c'est vrai. Il et beaucoup d'absinthe pour tous la monde de nous a St. George Spirits en Alameda, Ca.
Translation, scroll down the page on the link and you'll see what I mean. Some how, some way they did it. It's actual distilled Absinthe in the United States, using the classic ingredients, ie WORMWOOD! I know what the? Well I don't know but I do suppose persistence pays off, and at $75 a bottle that's not bad considering how much it is to import those things to the US these days. We may go down for the opening, but I believe the husbeast and I may just give a few tokens to his co-worker lady and have her pick us up a bottle when she's out there early Fri. morning! I really can't believe it though. After all this time of having homemade versions (not really suggestible) and imported hooch versions, this is a treat. Absinthe pour moi! Just in time for the new year. Too bad we're not camping this year, that would be uber fun in the Redwoods with all the hippy friends of ours. Oh well.

So yes I'm stoked, and elated and very happy to be able to tell all you all about this wonderful news, now go and act on your instincts. And yes I am rather close to where their distillery is... suggestions kindly taken in comments ;)

I've ignored a few things lately. Mainly the fabulous eats I've been creating. Let's start with last weeks Beef Bourgignon, or Burgundy as the husbeast continued to correct me saying. This recipe was granted from the wonderful David over at Sweater Project (praise be to the Harlot for pointing out a knitter man in a kilt!) You certainly can count on a man to come up with a wonderful dish that another man would love to eat. Sorry if that sounded a little gay, or even lewd, but meh. (the sound of a cat mocking the creative commons in a world of computer savyocity)
Then there was the Risotto by Rachel Ray, the butternut squash one with sage and wine. That dish turned out to be a fabulous pairing with the Sockeye Salmon at Trader Hoe's (only caught once a year in the Copper River in Alaska and a great deal in the freezer section). I won't point to Rachel's recipe you can easily google that one.
Then to top it all off, last night I made marshmallows. I hope hope hope they turn out, as of this morning they were still rather wet. Well that's 12 hours after they were made. I dusted them in sugar and rice flour and went off to work. So we'll see how they are after work. I plan on dunking them in some unsweetened chocolate and topping off with crushed peppermint candy canes. Go check out Brownie Points link to some really cool homemade marshmallow recipes.
This weekend, on Sat. is our hippy friends annual Christmas party, and then Sun. we're celebrating with my mum and brother and his wife. Then to the husbeasts parents on the Eve or the day of X-Mas.
I feel like this very well may a rather low key Christmas, but it's our first, and that just makes me smile.
Cheers and here's to a little holiday cheer. Here here for the penis tree (husbeast's term not mine).

No comments: