Wednesday, December 26, 2007

And welcome back there.

Sorry for such a long delay in saying anything, but it's been a rather Happy Christmas. I indeed finished all my baking, and even have picts to show of the gorgeous marshmallows I made. I can't vouch for their flavor, what with having been dunked in unsweetened dark chocolate, I did find out that they are great in hot cocoa though. Oh it also turns out that I still hate marshmallows! Yes I know why make them then... I just had to verify that they are indeed something I do not cherish in eating, unless scorched by a camp fire's flame.
Christmas at our house was lovely, and is now stashed away for next year. Since our tree was so tiny it really wasn't such a hard feat. It also turns out that the husbeast has been direly allergic these last few weeks to our little cypress living tree. Ehh ghads the mucus, but you really don't need to hear about that now do you.
I hate to talk about pressies, but just let it be known that I must now learn to spin, thanks to my wonderful mother in law. She handed on her old Ashford wheel from the 60's to me! It needs a little maintenance, and some oil, but it's beautiful. Then from my own mum I got a wonderful sewing machine. It's a Husquavarna (sp?), and so much fun to play with. Really what a difference from my old machine from the 60's with the terrible tension problems.
So here it is, I am nestled, and domestic goddess acquainted.

No comments: