Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nothing like a good pair of low heals

Ahhh ~that's the sound of one less stress being lifted off my shoulders. Yeh like shopping for a pair of shoes for a Costumed Ball is supposed to be stressful, or that material items should make us so stressful, but it does become an entity of stress at times. I suppose it's a bit materialistic what with other harsh things going on in this world, but hey why should I have to defend myself when we all go through this thing called life.
Back to me not being weird; I found the perfect pair of low heels last night down at the local shoe shop. See I do have tinyish feet, 6.5-7 depending, but they are little padders, so most modern shoes really don't fit that well. I had chosen a moderately priced pair of somethings in a relatively nice brownish hue, and was exiting when I spied a pair. Now this pair I spied was on the sale table, I looked at them and recognized them from the mall, Ecco's. They're the right shade of warm brown with just the cutest little embellishment of flowery scribbles and the best part, they were marked down to $30! All the way from $109. Shock, horror, is it true, all for me and in MY size, and at a price that affords me the luxury of shopping for pressies for my friends and family, GASP. So I grabbed them and fled happily and returned the $75 pair. http://www.eccousa.com/shoes/womens/casual/casual-clog-braided-maryjane/1098/detail.aspx
That's their link, but in Bison I believe, really they are a warm brown verging on cinnamon. Yeah and now they are breaking in, and I get the added bonus of wearing a small heal that makes me feel like I lost 10 pounds and makes my husbeasts' eyes gaze a bit longer when I'm nearer his height.

So yeah I'm stoked over the perfectest shoes, silly but oh well it's a better feeling than that of last week.

In other news, I still knit not a knot.

But I have successfully stitched together the young man's commission, or trade~doola. Next onto the stiffie, and some blocking of sorts and then finishing with the embellishments. I'm almost thinking I just may have to use the new chapeau topper for the ball this weekend. See the lines all match up in verticals, and they flow over the entirety of the hat in just a way that creates more for the eye to follow. I must admit that the topper with horizontal lines is fabulous in it's own right how the top of the hat has a lovely curve in it's lines that I'm rather drawn to as well. We'll see what happens shan't we.

hmmm, well I'm not able to post picts right now, sooo cheers and til the next time we meet. Ta!

No comments: