Monday, December 17, 2007

All in a Days Fun

Finally I have a bit of the bug, no not that sickly one again (thankfully that wasn't long lasted), but the other kind, the Christmas bug. Our little tree, it is decorated, and uber cute. There are pressies piling up for family and loved one's. Annnnnd, I've been baking up a storm; raspberry jam is made~ 14 jars and a triple batch, a double batch of Russian Teacakes were made up yesterday~one with candied ginger my fav!, the double batch of sugar cookies have halfly been rolled out- cut and baked, AND I changed the oil on my truck.
Yep I am the proud changer of my trucks oil. I've done it once before, but yesterday the husbeast had meant to until he threw out his back. When I went out to check on him he was struggling to get under the truck, soooo I told him to move it. With a little walking through I got it done in a timely fashion, and am tickled pink over such an endeavor of baking and changing oil all in a day's time.
Tonight I have more cookies to roll out, and then decorate. Also I've decided that I'm going to make some homemade marshmallows. A new endeavor, but since I'm not in the mood to make fudge this year I thought some peppermint chocolate dipped marshmallows would pair up nicely with hot cocoa (and maybe a little Bailey's Irish Cream ;) .
On the knitting front, I am perturbed by this silly Hemlock Ring Blanket that mocks me. I'm just finished tinking back, and must now focus on getting the proper # of stitches back into every section, rather annoying. But I persevere as I hope to make this a pressie for the parents-in- law.
Ta for now, gotta run. Happy making.

No comments: