Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

It's a cold and cloudy day, with a chance for rain here. I awoke to a screaming shoulder and yet again a bout of hives. (just on my torso) I'm sure it's a fine day, but I feel 30. It's mainly the shoulder. Feels like I've been lifting a keg all night with it. But I'm done whining.
So Thursday my Knit Happens order finally got in. Wanna see?
It's NORO! I love Noro yarns. They're so pretty, but some of these colors are a little wild. I suppose the ones on the end aren't as noticeable. But they remind me of Florida and some wild ass fish that might swim out that way. So currently two of those skeins are in the process of becoming what I believe to be the 11th pair of mittletts. I'll show picts later, but wow 11 pairs of Marney's Del Mar Mitts is a little neat.
Other in progress works are the Gothic Spire socks by Cookie, I'm doing mine in Jojoland yarn, not the Louet Gems suggested, of course I haven't started the cabling yet, but not a bad start. For a second start. I like working on my first sock, the needles are tiny and there's a lot to think about, but it's something new.

How about a little more of the Knit Happens order... Yeah there's a lot of Rowan there. So I'm also tempting my hand at improvisational knitting, as an alternative to the Log Cabin blanket. Go check out YoYo Knits on the sidebar, she's rather fantastically cool with her tutorials and her flare for knit goods. I've learned that I don't exactly know which side is right or wrong on a garter stitch yet. Don't fret I'll get it soon enough though. I'm not so sure about the oranges and the reds for my blanket, but the lilac color is just what I was hoping for, that with the black, and the tope/beige color. I don't know, but I am stoked. To imagine a queen sized blanket in about a years time, all mine, and all by my hand. That's kind of cool.

And I believe there is one last pict, the Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies, it's rather nice but I have no idea what to use it for. I suppose I'll find something.
So that's it, informative but a lack luster post, sorry I'm just too itchy to really care right now.
Have a lovely day, and Happy Easter.

No comments: