Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm a Joiner

well I suppose I am now, at least. I joined Nikko's Red Scarf Project, to knit a red scarf for orphan college students, can we say Share the Love. *I really do love making things for groups, or a good cause. My last deed was actually for the Travelling Jewish theatre in San Fran, they did a wonderful production of The Devil on All Sides. About war torn Bosnia, and the meaning of family and warmth, and the changing of tides in a crazy world. Yeh I made the backdrop for them by dying and stitching numerous knitted and crocheted items into walls for the family home. Strange but true.*
So this time, when Marie wrote asking for aid in her son's home schooling project, go check out how cool Nikko is here, and here, I couldn't say no. What a generous and knitterly young man he is. Yes I did say knitterly, I believe he's been knitting for about a year and a half, or longer ~and get this he's 8! Ya go little man. So the Bonnie Beer Bitches and I will be donating a few scarves by December. Or hopefully sooner. Scarves are so easy, why not make a few.

So on another front, the hives are getting closer to being finished with, I hope. *fingers crossed* Still no idea what caused these ones. And yes I am prone to hives, ever since Art school, and all the photo chemicals. I suppose they have pre-disposed me to having them in the future from here on out, but eh gads talk about itchy itchy scratchy scratchy.

Knitting wise the Boy and I went to Uncommon Threads in Los Gatos this weekend, to pick up the balls they had "put aside" for me. Well thankfully there were some on the shelves. But ogh the color isn't anywhere near the correct dye lot. I suppose next time Rowan suggests getting 8 balls, in stead of getting 9, I shall get 11, just for shits and giggles. I really don't care, all I want to do is get this sweater done and now that I have enough for the sleeves and button band, I should have something to show of it soon. That is if I get around to blocking and sewing it together. I'm sure I will though. Just takes time.

Oh get this, the boy and I are making our first big purchase together. We're getting a Kegerator. Yes for kegs of beer! Woohoo, today a kegerator, tomorrow a dishwasher. Oh how a girl can dream. Clean dishes, not done by me, clean counters, clean kitchen. Oh how I can dream... and what's better than having a kegerator shipped to you, picking it up yourself. Oh how perfect, good thing I drive a truck.
Cheers, on the needles tonight, Mo's last Mittlett, and the Boy's Knucks. Get this he has the audacity to want the holes in between the fingers sen back up, humph. He wants alpaca and the Knucks finished up for him too! Guess it's ok, since they've been that way since January. hehehehhe

1 comment:

Marie said...

Beaming mother of aforementioned cool kid...Thanks for taking up Nikko's cause, missy....you *so* rock! :)