Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Where in which I say nothing really at all.

Hey...
yeah,
Hmmmmh,
Well not much to say. As you may have noted. I'm still working on Mo's mittlett, yes for the 3rd time, each of them have been frogged and reworked in any number of differing ways. Suppose I'll finish them tonight. She and her boyfriend are heading into the desert w/ some mighty unpredictable weather on the front. From the 70's to snow? Wha...
So a bunch of the hippy friends are all heading to the HavaSupai Indian reservation, while the boy and I stay here and hold down the fort. Which means that I also need to make another pair of mitts for one of the other gals going. (She's a cute little Hobbet-ess.) Dice is the other deserving gal, the hobbitess if you will. She's a shy on the midget size, with the tiniest of hands. I have small hands and her's are seemingly half my size. Go figure. You should have seen her, last year, at Renn Faire. All dressed as a hobbit, complete w/ the fern leaf broach, and get this, FUR on her FEET! I shit you not. I could have died laughing, well from that and the elf tipped ears she had donned. Kapische. She's cool, I have *obviously* nothing better to do, and Dice and Mo are getting mittletts.
Onto the sweater and news there within, I've begun a sleeve. No thanks to the pattern. When they say cast off 9, they mean cast off 9 on each side. WTF . I do swear that some patterns would try to drive me batty were it not for my mum's wisdom. Thanks mummy.
Third and final item today, Brussel Sprouts. There it's out and in the open. I love me some brussel sprouts. Not ordinary boiled, or steamed ones. No they must be roasted, and either cut in halves so that each half can get all crunchy and yummy, or scored on the bottom if they're smaller.
Roasted Brussels
heat oven to 350
cut and wash any quantity of brussel sprouts, score the bottoms if smaller (make an X)
drizzle w/ olive oil,
salt
pepper
throw in some whole garlic cloves (peels off of course)
and roast on a pan for about 30 minutes.
They should be brown and crispy, and still green in places.
These can also be cooked at 400 degree Fahrenheit for crunchier brussel sprouts.
Enjoy!
This can also be done with beets, just slice them into rounds like a tomato, and add Rosemary, some basil and a little bit of honey, and or balsamic.
We paired both the beets and brussel sprouts last night with the yummiest Cornish game hens and some stuffing and gravy. Oh how yummy it all was, and there are left overs for tonight's dinner.
The topper was the strawberries in cream for desert.
And if you think we eat like this every night, Dream ON. For some reason the boy had a hankering for Corny Game Hens, and I some how pulled it off.
And thank you , thank you, I also got some succulents replanted. They are doing well and hopefully off into a great growing season.
Tonight I should be planting my seeds. Some wildflowers, and perhaps some veggies. Maybe a pumpkin or two. I realize I'm late to the seed planting party, living in the bay and all, but the last two years I planted with my lady friends, and it was always way too early for our weather. Well I'm adapting. And we'll see how these ones come out this year.

No comments: