Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Time to start knitting for Faire

Long time no talk, sorry about the huge interlude, gosh. I've been busy spring cleaning, since the roommate is still in the desert. But things are finally getting done. And we got a new coffee table.! That's cool, because it's long and I can put a plate on it, or my feet and the whole thing doesn't shift. It's delightful.

Spontaneous trip down to Willow Springs this weekend. The boy and I are going down to the AHRMA Vintage races out there in the Palm Desert area. We went last year, but didn't get to witness too much of the races due to the boy being in race school, this time we're just going to watch from the sidelines. :( Oh well racing isn't exactly a cheap sport, but watching sure can be.
Hope the weather holds. Maybe the boy will let me drive the Miata...doubt it.

On the other hand though, at least I can cast on for the stitch diva sweater I've been hankering for so long. You know, this one but in grey's and purples using diakeito Rococo color 110. It's so soft and so lovely, hopefully it won't pool, and hopefully it'll work well enough with the gauge from the Tilli Thomas that I'm using for the lace bits.

I also made reservations for the Valhalla Renaissance Faire up in Tahoe come June. Can't wait. Some of my lady friends and I went 2 years ago, before it changed hands, and it was really rad. This time it looks promising. Best part is there is no driving after faire. We can just stumble home to our tents! Oh I love faire. I may even post picts of me and my friends all dressed, we'll see. We are a bit of a ragmatag group of gypsies, pirates, peasants, and an Irishman. I personally am more into the gypsy side of the Faire, or rag~lady may just be a better description. But when you've attended for over 15 years, the costumes seem to go in flurries, and constantly change. One year something will strike as a wonderful idea, then the next it'll be something else. Last year I finally got a new skirt. The first new skirt in about oh 11 years. And yes was it ever necessary. This year, I really want to knit a sunhat, I can already imagine it, brown hemp in a sport weight, in a Parson's style (big brim w/ a fitted top, and a wire rim.) Perhaps I should work on making that happen before I cast on for the sweater, since Valhalla starts in June. I've also come to the realization that I could really use a shopping bag, something big and strapped over my shoulder across my chest in fair isle. That would be most glorious, yes, most glorious. (Family Guy~mocking Winona Ryder's acting skills in Little Women) The hat I attempted to knit last year never really panned out. It was supposed to be a flower where the petals lifted up and out, with again a wire brim, and a top that peaked like an elf's cap. I may still make that some day.... . .. .if only I had all the time in the world and some design geniuses intellect.

Ta for now. Oh the picts i have to show you. Yeah it's that good, and it involves turkey's on the neighbor's front lawn.

No comments: