Thursday, April 12, 2007

We've adopted!!!

and it's a Sudsbuddy. Ain't he pretty. We got the dark granite one. I think I may name him Pliny. Yes that's a good name, or maybe Stone, after the brewery. Oh I never told you my Stone story.
Ok off on a tangent, here we go...
About a year ago, the boys sent me on a beer finding mission, so I went to our local liquor store where we generally get our beer, and after a little hymming and hawing, I finally decided on a 6 pack of good ol' Stone IPA. Nothing out of the ordinary, and upon looking through the glass doors at the pack, I noticed they were coming with some sort of freeby also. Well who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth. So I reached in and grabbed that sixer. Looked and looked, and yes, looked again. It wasn't a freeby bracelet, or anything odd like that, NO!
You'll never guess what it was, keep guessing, no way, not even near.
It was a lizard! Yes, a black and yellow baked little lizard. Poor fella he was doing a belly flop into one of the bottle holders and his tail was up and around the handle to the six pack. I couldn't believe it. Neither could the guy at the check out, he wouldn't even touch the pack of Stone. He was truly terrorized, while I dreamt of "waking the sleeping guy up" yeah ok, and keeping him and calling him Stoney.
So I brought the sixer home, showed the boys and ran to get my camera. Well when I got back the boys had thrown my new pet over the railing of the back deck into the morning glory, and thus Stoney was never more.
Of course he was dead, but who knows he could have been frozen from the beer cooler, and those darn boys. Uggh they never listen. That would have been a fabulous pict that we could laugh at and send into the brewery, and, and...
So Stone it is. Maybe Stone-bert, we'll see when he gets here. Yeah for next week.

ps I've now correctly hooked up my comments, so perhaps I can write back to any emails, sorry if I've missed any otherwise, I'm still a newby blogger babe.
cheers and happy knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so you like beer huh
~bonnie