Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Back from Holiday-ing

Jeesh, you know you're old when your computer at work automatically increases the size of the font to *large* on you when you get back from a rather lovely holiday.
But it seems to have righted itself this morning, thank goodness. I nearly thought I was going senile there for a moment.
All the wonkiness aside, we had a fantastic jaunt down south to Pizza Port Brewing in Carlsbad, and Stone over in Escondido. Oh my goodness, Stone is a sight to behold. The 3 acre beer garden was all quarried stone, from the area. The steel work was hand done, and artfully at that. But to top it off, the foodies and beer selection were out of this world. Certainly a five star in my book. Unfortunately we were only there for lunch, and had 2 dogs that were not allowed inside. Poo :( But I did get my replacement hat (that was stolen at one of our houseparties in October) and a bunch of cool digs for the boy and I.
I have to admit, I did not take one single picture. It's just my thing. Sometimes I don't like to spoil a good thing by sitting behind a camera lens. I know, total Art school crap, but whateva.
Just know that North county San Diego is da bomb. And the Miata, drives like a dream. Not that the boy has yet to allow/teach me to drive it...yeh I can't really drive a stick, but I can ride a motorcycle...yeh, ummm it's all about opportunity. But I have driven a few random sticks in my time, haheh. Yes, bad Bonnie, bad Bonnie.
Ah, great news on the sweater front, both sides are done, and off the needles! Now that just leaves blocking, and seaming, and getting similar dye lots to match for the sleeves. But fear not, Uncommon Threads has set aside 3 balls for me, all I have to do is get there. Mind you, I don't live anywhere near there and most days they close around 5:30. So looks like I have a field trip to do this Saturday, not Sunday, because they aren't open. Eehgad.
So perhaps I'll get some picts of something soon enough. I know how boring. No looky-loos here.
Oh, almost forgot, I made a Mason-Dixon warshrag, the octagonal one, on the way down south. And had to use it. The Motel 6 we were at was so cheap, for a room for 4 there were only towels enough for 2. But it was neat, and useful, and more comfortable than the stranded warshrag from the same book.
Cheers for now.

No comments: