Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I like getting up early

This was taken a few weeks ago when the computer was on a bit of a fritz. But gosh the sky was just so brilliant. And the color quality is rather similar to what you *hopefully* see. I swear the sky was like a watercolor. All murky and dreamy. What you can't see is that we have a rather decent view of the bay from the hill. Also behind the stupid Eucalyptus tree is actually the San Francisco skyline, but we can't really see it that well, again that darn tree.

I'm liking this moving in thing. It's taking forever though, perhaps that's because I move like 5 boxes at a time. Slowly though, it's piecing all together. Very daunting. I can't imagine what I would do if the place didn't have 4 rooms. 3 of which the husbeast and I occupy with our crap.


I have to admit though, I'm multi~tasking, so if my words seem wonky, that's because I'm working, and making reception to do lists, and writing. Eeeh! We finally decided on a reception date, Aug. 11. But we're holding it at my mum's house. It's a rather nice place, but needs a lot of yard work, and everything else...

I'm excited. Currently the husbeast is en route to my office from his with sushi! on the segway. Yes the company has 3 segways. Neat things they are, I just hope the arse-holio coppers on the island don't pull him over. mmmm sushi good.

Oh that's right did I skim right by the pict of the turkeys doin' it. Doin' it and doin' it and doin' it right. Mmmmhum yeah right. You like how they're just looking at me all "excuse us~we're um, busy...can we help you." Funny thing is, they just stayed there as I took numerous pictures. Freakin' weird birds. They deserve it though, if only you knew the raucous they make night and day. I've even caught the buggers pecking at the neighbors vehicle. And let's not mention their propensity for motorcycles. They like to stand there, or even come after ya. Cheeky beaks.

So onto knitting news, the stash is being organized, and it's a bit bigger than I thought it was. Last night I was filling some wonderful book cases a girlfriend had given me Sun. The shelves are adjustable, which is great for books and bags of yarn, but when I lifted my old hard suitcase I queried why oh why could it be so heavy, looked inside and low and behold there's more yarn. I have yarn coming out of so many crevices I had no idea. And here I am all knitterly blocked.
Tonight I must begin a second pair of mittlets for the best friend who's going to Ireland with some other friends and her hubby. The first pair, well one was lost, so they're necessary, and I really don't mind. It's just that I have to give up more of my lovely yarn. Just kidding. I may love Noro Silk Garden, but I can totally afford to hand out a lovely matching pair. After all she has to help me plan my reception. hhehehhehhhhehheehhehhmhumhmmmmhuuuuhe.

On the Gocco front, I realized that I neglected to say where I got mine from, it was out of Florida, go here: I really like the gal, Judy, but through a series of Unfortunate events, I still have no ink, and still have no idea when it will get here. So I have the machine, I have paper, I have screens, but just the ink... So she's super nice, and super apologetic, and at the same time there was a family issue she was attending to in Canada, so I can give her that much. I suppose a note in the last shipping explaining where the ink was would have been the appropriate thing to do, or an email. That's the only thing I don't like. Or a response to my email...
I'm just eager though.


PS I don't seem to be able to email people back when they leave a comment, so please note that I'm not being rude. I will make an effort to comment back anything on your own blog, if that is what needs to happen.

1 comment:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Beautiful picture at the top! I love the colors! So surreal and watercolor-looking! I love to get up in the early morning too. It is so very beautiful at that time of day. :)