Thursday, May 3, 2007

In a Whirl of Tuley Fog and Fancies

Silly name for a silly time in my life.
Guess what, I'm still married. Not that I would question other wise, it's just a joke my friend Mary was playing on me. "psst, psst hey you, guess what, you're a bride."~ahh she's sooo cute!
Tonight's a Bonnie Beer Bitch meet up, and I get to tell the majority of the ladies, and possibly one guy! that we eloped. I initially thought I would bring down a set of cupcakes that needed to be arranged into the words "We Eloped" before they could devour said cupcakes. But alas we really don't need all that sugar, and I've been busy being twitter-pated to even care to do any superfluous baking.
Last night the husbeast and I finally figured out where we would like to honeymoon. Some of the choices were: New Zealand, Australia, Scotland, pony carting in Ireland, Japan, motorcycling through China (and visiting a longtime friend ~hi Damon! and family), which are all really big time events with BIG time money. The money isn't really a prob, not like we're rich (only in name now!) but it's the experience, and time off.
So are you ready...
we've decided to rent a Eurovan/Westfalia! And drive from Eastbania where we live, stop in the middle of Oregon and visit the Angora goat farm his Godparents run, yes MOHAIR laddettes and laddies. Then stop off at my brother on the border of Oregon and Washington, then venture up to my uncle's in the Puget Sound, then hit Victoria for my lost Irishman's cap. Then taking a ferry or driving to Alaska. This is a rather long trip to be planned over 2 or 3 weeks. And in all honesty it's a continuation of the same trip we first took some four years ago when we first met and said, hey let's go on a road trip.
I feel like such a hippy. I swear I'm not. He may be. But I still protest that I'm a Bohemian, and a little bit of a gypsy.
But gosh how fun. I love a good long road trip.
cheers and here's to some mighty happy knitting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning,
My name is Stephanie and I am a writer for www.letselope.com, a website we're working on putting together to get up onto the web this fall. I'm currently gathering stories for our "Share Your Story" section. We'd love to have your story on our site! All you need to fill out is a 1 page Word doc which has a few questions on your elopement.
If you are interested, please contact me at sbeener8126@comcast.net and I will send over the document pronto. I hope to hear from you soon and if not, best of luck in your marriage.
Thank you,
Stephanie Beener
www.letselope.com
sbeener8126@comcast.net