Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Onto the 14th

I am currently working on perhaps the 14th or 16th pair of mittletts. Really though all they are is filler~bunny. I know that when I can't make what's in my mind I can aimlessly knit mittletts. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there with an addiction to just one pattern. I've perfected the pattern to my own suits. Adding stitches or subtracting, depending on the recipients hands, changing the length and or the cuff pattern. The possiblities are endless.
I did take picts last night, and will maybe post them...
On the gocco front, my opinion of the seller has most certainly changed. She is now the Queen of McFlakersons. Wherein she would offer goodies to be sent with my late shipments, then the goodies never showed up..!?. Um, okay. Thanks for making me wait 3 weeks for some freakin' ink lady. Gosh glad I went over to Berkeley and grabbed 16 tubes of color you don't offer on your site.
But that's cool. I have ink, I have gocco'ed. And I believe I may have even confused a friend when I made her sit down and draw for her dinner the other night. When I took her drawing and did the little tutorial with her, she just sat there quietly as I kept stamping more and more and even more of her pretty little drawing. I can't say she was drunk. She doesn't drink beer, and we had nothing other than that to offer. She just had the oddest expression on her face.
Suppose you're wondering where the picts of the inked images are huh, well I suppose I could be diligent enough tonight to shoot them and perhaps even if I'm motivated to, I'll post them... how's that for cool.
I have to tell you though I'm not much of a drawer, so I've traced all the things I've done so far. If only we had a working laser printer.
Hope all enjoyed the looong weekend, the husbeast and I planted and rototilled, and dug ditches. But the backyard is really starting to shape up, what with all the new sage and salvia, butterfly bushes, honey suckle, passion vine, ferns, lilies, poppies, and whatever else we planted. I can't wait until I can put my seedlings in the ground. Yeah those were begun this weekend also. A little late, but not bad for flowers nonetheless.
Last night the mum in law had us come by, so we got to drop off her mum's day pressie, of a Blood Peach tree. We exchanged the tree for a dish washer, of all things. It's so pretty and clean that it makes the oven it's next to look really ugly and dingy. I offered to spray paint the oven for the boys, but they would have nothing to do with it...hehehehhhheee.
Currently the best friend, Mary, is still in Ireland, having what I assume to be a grand ol' time. I'm watching her pooches, in exchange for an Irish cap ~she also keeps threatening yarn, but whateva'. That's cool too.
Cheers til then.

No comments: