Wednesday, July 18, 2007

and I knit some more.

So last night I started and finished the other sleeve, and cast on for the main body to Sprout. I can't believe how quickly it goes when you're not knitting on 1's and 3's. Go figure huh.
So yesterday I had an epiphany. Not one of much brilliance, but I did realize that my Dolly Maxi superwash is probably not the same yardage as Gedifra...guess what they aren't! The Gedifra called for in the pattern is actually more than the Dolly Maxi by about 120 yards (cumulative). So off I was, ordering 2 more balls, and the gal over at Pure Knits was more than lovely in writing back that she orders sweater yarn in bulk. Ah the knitterly love, just feel it, and go ahead, squish it about, you'll love it too. But what do I know, I've only had one cup a coffee so far this morning, so maybe I'm a little delusional at this point, but nah I don't think so, as I generally only have one cup in the mornings.
And I suppose I should apologize to Amy Boogie for being such a ninny and asking her advise, when I pretty much already knew the answer. But she again was such a sweetheart in writing back to my yardage question. Again the love it's bursting from the scenes around here peeps. Just bursting I tell ya.
Go ahead, and burst someone's scene's today. Go ahead, surprise them, it's kind of fun.

No comments: