Monday, July 30, 2007

grogg grogg groggy

I suppose I was up a bit late, or perhaps it was one of the 3 or 4 shots of tequila, but I'm just a bit hmmm today. I will try and perk up though, pinky swear.
It's been rather busy around here. Saturday I had to go and spend more money, I got some fantastic beads and stuff for my hat, and a pressie for my mum's 15 year anniversary of running her own business (that's Aug 1st~so proud of her!). And a few other things for the reception.
Sunday was fabulous, I woke and the best friend, Mary calls "when can I come over" well anytime. And off we were we began with coffee of course, then moved onto working on the favors. They came out so cute. The boxes are tall, and not exactly rectangular filled with cute colored paper, and then wrapped with embroidery thread, and an assortment of goodies, like maple leaves, and beads, or little green paper flowers and bells, and on and on. By the time Mary and I had our system worked out, 2 other friends showed up. Julie who is a cool hippy beyond belief, and Charity our Alabama actress friend who comes up now and again from LA. So miss having her around, but LA is actually doing her well. With the extra additions the favors went quickly and became even more adventurous which was fabulous.
So the favors were finished, we had a little break for shots, ok 3 shots actually. But when it's good tequila I generally don't feel gross after words. And Yes I prefer sweet fruits as an after shot. This time I went with a slice of nectarine instead of lemon, loved it.
After shotsies, we moved onto hats. The hat making process is a detailed one and I really like involving myself in them, but they are really involved, perhaps more than I realized. So we'll see how they come out. There is another session after walking tonight at my house. Currently my new mini top hat needs to be shorter. I'll show pictures later.
Oh yeah, I finally have iphoto. Still no photoshop or adobe illustrator, but in due time. I have to admit though, I haven't been in the mood to type at home. I will make an effort to post from there as I took the best pict of the roommate, Charity and the roommate's dog all heading off downtown last night that turned out to be the funniest thing ever. They're all in line on his Bonneville motorcycle, well you'll see I'll make an effort to bring out the picts again.
cheers and happy making.

No comments: