Friday, July 13, 2007

Just sometimes

I get jealous. Not like green around the gills jealous. But jealous yet still in the smallest way. I was just reading the Harlots loss of a ripped fair isle sleeve, and her sorrow over so much lost effort and work. But here I think to myself as I am nearing completion of my first sweater, just how nice it must be for those smaller knitters out there that can knit a small sweater and be able to wear it. Here if I were to be making same said sweater it would need to be an XL just to fit over my boobs alone. I run into this feeling of jealousy every now and again. Don't think I'm not trying to work on it, for I am. I try to knit faster so I can compare the time it takes me to knit something to the time it takes some other, but it just isn't the same. Perhaps I'll just take longer walks in the evening to try and make the difference only 2 sizes, and not 3. That would certainly be a decent way to remedy that fact of size and of what really matters.
My lovely Rowan sweater has half of a half sleeve left to be knitted, then my mum has promised to show me how to seam them all together. I'm so excited. And it seems that it will be finished in time for the reception. The question still remains as to whether or not the darn thing will fit AND look nice on. I did try it on once, by pseudo seaming the front and back together and well it wasn't flattering, but hopefully it will.
I ordered yarn yesterday. I had it on good faith that there was a sale going on over at Pure Knits, thanks to the lovely over at YoYo Knits. For a decent price I got six balls of a lovely bright shade of blue, hmmm rather similar to the one you see on this blog hmmm, it's Laines du nord's Dolly Maxi aran weight yarn. The only reason I went out and splurged was because of just the cutest short cardi that Boogie had done up. Check it out ! Doesn't just make you think cute! Well it does for me. So that's the next on the needles, and if you look closely, it's not done up on size 1's or 3's. That there's genuine 6's at least. Woohooo. I really don't want to be making another size 1~3 sweater again, at least not for a long time.
Neither have I given up on the purse idea. After all I'll need something chic to go along with my dress for my reception. EEEiiii it's getting so close, and things really are just starting to fall into place. If not just a little late in the timing. Oops did the invites get out 3 weeks late? Bad me. But 2 people have RSVP'd. Not bad, eh. Back to the purselett though, I have some nice frames. And to me it's the frame of the purse that should really make it sing. I'm leaning towards the larger frame, coin purse style. It's copper colored, and has sparkelies for the clasps and a bit more detail. I'm a little torn on which yarn to use. I would like it to be small in gauge, and may just use some of the sweater yarn so as they could match, but incorporate some brown Rowan Glace that I have lying about. Of course it would be rather similar to a clutch, but a small strap from the frame is necessary. I'm a little nutty in that I can picture it, but when it comes down to it, is that what will come out, we'll just have to see.
Have a lovely weekend all, and Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sometimes I wish I could knit myself a sweater with less yarn than I do. I have a 44" chest to accomodate. It sucks having to make larger sizes sometimes. I will agree with you on that one.

Oh well, patience and steading knitting gets the sweater done, I say. Happy Knitting!