Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hairy Fish Nuts you say!

So this is what I've been up to. I don't know how I came about Desiknitter's hat, but it's cute. The Rangoli tam is relatively easy to knit up. Perhaps it was on punk rock knitters...well anywho I followed the previous knitters advise and stuck to the chart, as it seems there may be some flaw in the written pattern. So far so good though. I'm using Inca Alpaca in a nice lavender, but I did the ribbing for the band in green, so it's kind of like a flower or something. Maybe I should have stuck with one color, but whateva! I chose the alpaca because for the life of me I couldn't get gauge with a worsted weight, and the alpaca is a DK in the least.
Guess what came in today, guess....ok it's the Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Yeah for used books on Amazon. There are some really cute baby goodies..not that they're needed yet but someday they may come in handy. After all my best friend did just buy her first home, and well you know what that means. Little ones to knit for! No pressure from here though.
But next onto the Chevron scarf thingie. Or a small clapotis for the mum.
On the mini top hat front I've been a total slacker, but may have a little free time come this weekend. I stole, um erh, well, borrowed a little frog from my mum. I am uncertain that it is the right size and dimension necessary for the mini topper frog and snail combo. But I conjectured to myself the other day that if the molded product doesn't look right, that I can take it and needle felt it to give the dimension and look that I think it may need.
Then while watching Monty Python's Flying Circus the other night, PBS can soo rock some times, they had a sketch with the Ministry of Silly Walks on, I believe I have a theory for the husbeasts work costume. And he can wear his new top hat (a real bought one) to boot! But the other idea I had for a costume for me was the phrase 'Swampwood Sweetheart.' Which is actually my mum's newest little dogs kennel name. She's an imported Russel Terrier from Australia. Much akin to a Jack Russel, but shorter and longer and much much less terrier like (you know overly hyper and active and jumpy and not to be trusted w/ kids kind of terrier). So back to the swampwood sweatheart. The hat of course with the little frog/snail combo on a lily pad surrounded by sugar skull beads, and swampy appendatures, like moss and mosquitoes and the like. Then the costume would of course follow suit. Perhaps I need an alligator's skull to complete the whole ambiance. I've seen knitted alligators. The whole thing would be like swamp creature meets Elvira, who has just clubbed a dying willow tree. I don't know, but also maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I tend to do that sometimes. I liken it to the curse of the artists overly active mind. But gosh I could wear my bodice again. That always makes for a great costume.
Pear Pimples for Hairy Fish Nuts. Seems that the husbeast is Pear Pimples and I am Hairy Fish nuts. Perhaps that could be the premise to a great set of costumes. I wouldn't even know where to begin though.
Cheers til later.

No comments: