Monday, August 20, 2007

I Confess everything

I confess I have one true hatred when it comes to my handknits. It's the act of finishing. I hate with a passion to finish and tuck my ends in. I have actually worn my Sprout cardigan twice now with all the strings hanging. If only I had kids, I would put them to the job, but alas, time is a bugger. That's my confession, so heart wrenching, isn't it. Well not really, but I am terrible when it comes to this matter.
On the knitting front, well it's been a bit slow. I did start and finish the next day, a simple ribbed red scard for the Red Scarf project, you know the one the donates to non-adopted orphans that are going off to college. It's rather fantastic and almost ready for the big ol' send off. My deadline was moved from Dec. to Sept. but if curious, I'm sure anyone could still find some later dates if you feel the desire to donate something small and red...that sounds bad, but I believe you get the jist. Go check out the sidebar for details. (Look under Nikko's Red Scarf Project.)
I have finally broken down and ordered the Last Minute Gifts, I must make a chevron scarf now. I have all this sock yarn, but I feel as though I just can't even be bothered to make socks. I'm more a hands and neck kinda gal, or the occassional sweater. But socks they're so tiny, and all the patterns I have are Cookie A.'s and they're heavily cabled. Well as it is I just can't seem to be bothered. Perhaps some monkey's are in order.
So there it is I've admitted to having nothing on the needles, and that I refuse to weave in ends, but thankfully that is all for the dirty laundry, well today.
This weekend, the 2nd and last freakin' wedding to attend. Why oh why don't these people just elope! I found it much easier, and maybe even less embarrassing.
And also I'm going to try and head over to the fabulous bead shop in Niles and grab some more brass goodies before they are all gone, as it is they were new items in the shop. On the same agenda, I'm going to bring little mini top hat, I'm in a showey mood. Which in past circumstances (while still in Art School) I would be prepping for the desert, well not now. But I do beg the question, what exactly do I miss. I mean it's not like I did all that much of anything while I was even there. Perhaps it's the slightest sense of belonging. And a smidge of seeing old friends. You really do run into the strangest people in the strangest of places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now what would happen if you had exited a fast taxi cab on a visit to Manhattan say, and one elnd got caught in the door and the driver sped off... Would you unravel???? ;)