Friday, August 31, 2007

FIn!

Ze Ringoli Tam is over and done with. Ze zind zu cute!
I finished the tam last night at the beer bitch meetup, and am rather fond of it. It's a little loose at the ribbing, which probably should have been done on some 3's in stead of the 5's I used. But not too shabby for a hat that I thought would be too small anywho. I did forget to do a row of bobbles, but it's not really noticeable.
Next up, well I'm not to certain. There's a blanket I'm drooling over, which I may have the yarn to make up, depending on a friend's spinning, and my great balls of yarn cooperating. (I gave a friend some great big balls of Alaskan wool, no idea what kind, and she's going to try and spin it finer for me. Only thing is it's a bit difficult to work with and well it's a little like spinning cotton, short drafts and all. I'm crossing my fingers.)
And well the chevron scarf, I could use a stash enhancement for...I did hear of a sale going on over in Saratoga, but then I'd have to spend money. Perhaps I'll drag the husbeast that way for a short weekend getaway. It would be lovely to go out to the coast, and maybe even Santa Cruz, or Half Moon Bay.
All I know is that we have the landlord coming over for an inspection on the 14th of next month, and there's a bit of work to be done on the house before he steps inside. Like hiding the fact that there is a dog and a cat living in the home; or the plaster that fell off the ceiling back from the roomy's 30th Halloween Party. (I loathe lath and plaster!-can't even decorate anything properly) Then there's the plaster from behind the bathroom door knob that was knocked off. Or how about the black puddle of water on the basement floor from all my dish washing. And well we may need to disguise the compost bin we pilfered from a vacated neighbors. Actually it was from 2 neighbors before. The floors could use some more spot cleaning, and well our bedroom is in shambles, as well as the blue room, and the spare parts to computers room. In fact all of these rooms are laden with crafts and tools and just all matter of art making decay.
On a happy and not my having to clean front, some how the husbeast is slowly saving parts of my computer. I can't believe this week. It's been hectic and stressful, and well just kind of uggh.
Even at work it's been horrid, from having the plumbers out 3 separate times, turns out there was a sponge in the toidey bowl, dunno how it got there...
We lost 2 of our phone lines for a day, that was my doing! Mental note, next time I'm throwing things in the closet, be careful of the phone jacks. Ah crap.
It's just been ick. But I believe things may be looking up, after all it's Friday, and there's a 3 day weekend at my finger tips.
cheers and until then

No comments: