Friday, August 17, 2007

Mini toppers part I

It's been awhile. But here we go. Picts, of my little pumpkin protector. He's rather good, even though it's August and there hasn't been a flower yet, I still believe we may have a very late growing season here in Eastbania. I actually got him because of his lust for his mushrooms. It's just too endearing. Oh and look you can see a little bit of our grass. Yeah that's just about all of the grass we've grown. It's for the pleasure of the roommate's pupper really though.Last I spoke of mini toppers, and the next one I shall make *fingers crossed* but before I move on, I must show off this latest one. Sorry no picts from the after reception party with this little bugger on. But let me tell you it was another amazing feat to get my hair up and under that thing. Originally I had wanted to put a comb inside the hat for easier application, but I forgot...So a knitting needle it is, again. It suits though. And for those not wanting to imagine, look me, in my little purple topper. Of course this is where I apologize for the cruddy bathroom mirror pict, but what's a desperate girl supposed to do. I seem to have the most difficult time photographing myself and my projects, and well the husbeast just doesn't get my good side. We'll have to work on that one. This is worn actually with a little bit bigger hair, I did my best in a hurry with the boys looking on, wondering just what is she up to now. Of course the husbeast knows and knows better than to ask, but the poor roommate was horribly confused.
I'm actually going to turn this into a 2 part post, reason being, I want to show you some of my process for making a hat. It's a bit detailed and there are a few picts.
P.S. this is my way of expressing my need and desire for an artistic community without driving out to the Black Rock Desert. Don't get me wrong I was a fan of going out there. More on that some other day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely adorable in every way!!!! I SO wish i had an excuse to wear one of these!!!!

spinnity said...

Oh, my! What a perfect topper - it looks marvellous on you. You know I have seen some drawings of Elizabethan ladies in little hats like that... perhaps you can adapt your pattern into something for faire?

I have your entry to my blog contest - and I see you are thinking of making that chevron scarf. I bet a dollar I've got sock yarn that would make a fabulous chevy scarf. Keep your fingers crossed, it just might come your way.