Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Jenkies

Warning, incessant reception babble ahead:
I still have all my hair (until I get it cut tomorrow).
And things are still falling into place.
Granted we only have a tentative menu, but that's okay because that's the kind of people we are. Hence our elopement to Carson City back in April. I still say eloping was way better than going to the vintage motorcycle races in Willow Springs. But I do miss the smell of the race fuel. And obviously I didn't get my fill of motorcycles this weekend as the Husbeast did by going down to the Triumph rally in Cambria. How cute is he though, he took my little Kawi W650, and reported back that she handled like a little trooper and he was able to keep pace with the guys in the front of the pack. That requires a general speed of 100 mph. Ah that must have been a blast. Darn, I erased the picts that my brother sent me. Oh well some other time. But she's so cute and looks like a little vintage triumph, even though she was manufactured in 2000. (Far safer by my book than an old bike anyday.) See that wasn't so bad, now was it.
Onto the hap making process:
While the husbeast was off cavorting with the old farts down south, I should have cleaned, but I felt it was a bit unfair for me to clean while he and the roomy were off having fun, soooo...
I made a new hat. It's gorgeous! Not like the little mini green top hat, I went beyond that one. It's still a mini topper, but done with a color changing silk, matte in texture with a bit of flowers and swirls in pattern embroidered on. So neat (I heart Poppy fabric). The embellishments are where it really started to sparkle. I picked up a brass art nouveau piece of metal from a local bead shop in Niles, stitched it onto a side, and put some ribbon around the base of the topper. The ribbon is crumpled and held on with mother of pearl buttons, my homage to the Pearly Queen, and the White Stripes. There is an albino peacock feather with some nice green feathers on the opposing side to the brass "broach" like piece. And more but tiny ribbon on the top of the topper, where the other seam was visible. The back is finished with a white flower rose on a bed of the purple ribbon. It's done. All I need to do is go and grab a hair comb to hold it in place onto of my pile of hair. And yes ladies it is important that you pile your hair in a somewhat Victorian fashion, other wise the hat just looks like a tiny hat on your head.
I still don't have my photoshop up, but i now have the gimp installed, yes he comes with his own straps and everything...j/k. The gimp is a free software that acts the same as Photoshop, but is not as user friendly. I miss my photoshop, it's just so much easier...oh well I lament.
What I was trying to get at is that I will, yes last promise because this hat needs to be seen, will have a photo posted pronto. Reception does take precedence right now though. So after this Saturday I am all yours!
On the knitting front, I believe Sprout may be able to be finished up this week, but my time is beginning to become constrained. BUT it matches so freakin' well. I must finish it. Button band be damned.

No comments: