Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Adventure in Cayenne II

The Warning!
So the husbeast and I are making dinner last night, I had picked up a pork tenderloin, but had no idea what to do with it. I quickly turned to my favorite google request, and searched for what Aldon Brown would say. Low and behold he knew exactly what to do, Brown it!
I took the recommended seasonings, and added our delightful and ever interesting 90,000 btu African Cayenne from the Eureka Co-op (the last co-op in California I believe), and coated the tenderloin well. Brushed on a little olive oil and threw all that into my cast iron pan. My piping hot cast iron pan. Well the husbeast and I learned something very interesting last night. It becomes... mace! Our poor lungs, our poor house. There was cayenne smoke everywhere, and coughing and lung cheese, and opened doors and windows, and bandannas tied around faces.
Needless to say the browning was finished, and the meat laid to the side to rest. Here is where I snuck some dark brown sugar onto the poor little tenderloin. (I'm only thinking of my poor little lips here.)
Well about 45 min. later we had ourselves a sumptuous piece of meat. It was hot, but yummy from the brown sugar. And perfect with the mushroom ravioli.
On other fronts, the next log cabin comes along slowly.
But I have pretty much finished the yellow little mad hatter, and have started on a lovely brick red one. Oh and yes the trim for the yellow hatter, it is cutlery, precious cutlery on trim... wait till you see how prosh.
Cheers till then, tomorrow off to the new tax dude, then knitting in public.

1 comment:

cindy said...

oh my! i have done the same with the chile before! it leaves you in misery! we toast dried chile to make salsa, and have left them a little too long. the roast sounds like it came out wonderful though!