Monday, March 17, 2008

It's St. Patrick's Day!

Oh my I nearly forgot to say it, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. That's the proper Irish Holiday right, oh all right commercials just don't translate to written word so well. But anywho, Happy St. Patrick's Day. Now go and eat some corned beef and cabbage. I know I already did last night for dinner, and we still have left over's for tonight. Woohoo.

This last week seems to have been a rough one for just about everyone around me. Co-workers, mother, friends, me, the stress levels are just off the tops. The worst thing is that just about all of it is something that is totally out of our hands. There's physically nothing any of us can do except allow the right amount of time to pass so that these things can right themselves. Hmmrph!
The silence on my part was because I really don't like to whine in public, it's just rude and no one really wants to see or hear my anger. But I will tell you the crap I've been dealing with, as I'm past the whining stage and now I just want things put back right.
So waaaay back on the 5th I took my truck to the dealer for it's 100,000 mile service. Just a little routine check up, drain fluids, replace fluids that kind of thing. Well I got my truck back 2 days later and it died on me as I got off the freeway. And mind you it died in a not so nice area of Oakland! I finally realized to start it back up I should put it in park, and vroom off I went. Until it died later that night on the way home from work.
Fast forward to the next morning when I take my truck in to see if there's an error code, none. A week later I had my truck back with a brand new shiny distributor, since the crank censor that needed replacing was in the distributor and they're a package deal for this veh. Guess what IT DIED AGAIN. Sorry to shout, but this is more of an emphatic shouting here. I couldn't believe it. I just paid $472 to fix a problem that wasn't a problem that needed fixing. Agh.
Now it's Monday, and I'm still waiting to hear back from the shop manager to, well not to tell him off, because I'm kinda past that. I believe I'm entitled to my money back, a rental vehicle, 1/4 tank of gas from when they "originally" fixed the problem (that wasn't there when I brought it in!), and my truck back to where it was before all this began.
Fun, huh!

Well anyway the husbeast and I had a great weekend anyways. We rearranged the living room on a whim. It's just easier to really clean when you have a fresh palette to work with. Then I cleaned the kitchen, and proceeded onto the bathroom. Some major spring cleaning was in order, and now I have a little nook in the living room where I can functionally hide all my hat making crap, and knitting projects. I love it.
You may think that with all that work I got nothing done, but that's not true. I've been working on a new hat, I reference it to the Butcher. It's a triptych of hats, I think I mentioned before, in homage to a particular local band. The design quasi works for me. It's not as skinny as I was thinking it should be, but the shape isn't too shabby either. The husbeast thinks I should turn the crown around and reference a German soldier's hat, but that just doesn't work for me. I tried it backwards and it screamed 'turn me right side again'. No literally it was screaming at me, I swear... it was just a very tiny voice.
On the knitting front, again I only knit a stitch back on Thursday at the Beer Bitch Meetup. And the night before then I had ripped out two squares of the log cabin, so I am indeed back to 5 squares! But I believe I am better off having done as much.

No comments: