Monday, March 24, 2008

Lots to Say, Little to Show.

It certainly was a lovely and relaxing Easter weekend. I started rotating rocks from one bed to another. What a tiring job, that is still only half done. I've also noted that the abundance of salamanders certainly comes from this new house of ours, as opposed to the thought that the little buggers followed us down from the house on the hill. They're so cute and slimy, like little snakes with feet.
Over the weekend a mystery plant has flowered, and I really need to post picts because I think it's some sort of Agapanthus, but I can't even find any varieties of it on the web. So pretty, with bright blue star shaped flowers, and yellow inside.
I also need to post some wonderful picts from Saturday and subsequently Sunday when I discovered that I really enjoy spinning. Yes that's right. I've been bitten by the spinning bug. The whole thing is like second nature. If only my wheel could keep up! Well kind of. And much thanks to my lovely friend over at Seamstrix Art for housing me and my ginormous wheel and showing me the ins and outs of this beast. Much fun was had Saturday. I went home with a little less than 2oz of BFL, and had that all spun onto a bobbin. Sunday I attacked some merino like roving from the husbeasts mum's stash. Even though it's about 20 y.o. it gave me little hassle and I worked that more evenly than the BFL. I suppose I'm going to have to mix these little bits on the bobbins with something else, or one another. Oh I just can't wait to get to the roving's I picked up at Stitches.
On the hat front, I looked at them, and decided to spin instead of picking up the fabric and needle. Heheehhe, don't worry a truly mini mini top hat is in the works.
Tonight, back to moving more rocks, with less in the bin than before to facilitate moving them! And perhaps a mini mini hatter.... we shall see.

1 comment:

cindy said...

we went to a garage sale a while back and there was a lady there with a spinning wheel. it looked very 'zen', just spinning the bag of wool into thread! and it was so soft!