Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Almost forgot the title...

Let's begin this by saying it's Girl Scout cookie time, now go support your local troop. That's right freeze a box of thin mints and savor them throughout the year, to your hearts desire. I confess, I was a girl scout for 13 years. Little know fact, but true. That's where I first met my husbeast back when we were 17. Teaching Winter Awareness with his troop of Eagle Scouts at my old high school. how sweet... but onto the good stuff!
I've been busy and I've been sitting on my hands. It most certainly seems that I need an event or someone to focus my craft upon in order to do my craft. I find the same to be true on so many fronts in my life. It suppose it's my own way of having a little flame when I really need it.
This is a detail of the vintage Victorian button found at the stitches convention in the most lovely of lovely booths. The trim, ribbon, and button ladies! I miss them already, yet feel like I didn't get enough. I want more of these little darling buttons.
This miniature mad hatter has been delivered to it's new owner with much glee on both our parts. And just in time for the HoeDown this weekend. I was also rather lucky to finally find an appropriate hat box just perfectly suited for this to dwell in while not in use.
Speaking of the HoeDown, it was wonderful, and I was unbelievably under dressed! Me under dressed. All the ladies (ok a large handful) were dressed to the nines in bustles, long skirts, corsets and the whole works and the shoes! Hello Fluevog can I marry you. Just the kind of shoes I've been thinking of when it comes to that funny little gumdrop weird heel that looks like a melted Hershey's kiss. (I hear they have layaway) Even though a little odd at first, everyone is so sweet and weird that it really didn't matter. It's a party after all, right.

My next hat, which I adoringly refer to as Lemon Parfait was rather well gazed upon while perched on my merry made coif. (What else you gonna call all these red curls pinned higher than a Texas hookers ankles?)
Et la, c'est la Lemon Parfait I enjoy the silver with the lemon of the fabric, paired with the warm brown and pinks in the feathers, and the periwinkle of the thistle. I've never been a huge fan of yellow, but I just love this color scheme, especially for this time of year.
Not too sure where or why this happened, but I look upon the mushrooms and tea strainer as a happy accident. And look at that wonderful cutlery. Isn't it just to die for? The veiling on this hat is vintage, soft brown toole with little pink dots of adorablilty. Did you know that adorability could be packaged in such a small quantity? Well it can. The mushrooms are vintage cotton mushrooms from Small Stump, and I'm stoked I could finally use them in something. You may also note that aside from just a comb, an elastic band has been sewn on for added stability. I believe I could have actually danced in this hat, even as heavy as it is.

And the coup de gras, just for true morbidity my found horse skull wearing the little hatter. I really need to find better models. Seriously!
So there you have it, a little mini mad hatter update, Where in I am truly beginning to realize how redundant all this same fabric but in other colors must be, but I'm still in love with the richness and texture and the absolute lines that it creates that I'm not quite ready to move on yet. But soon, I'll go find something else.
Cheers till then. Happy whatever'ing.

3 comments:

Contrary Colleen said...

The new hats look great!

I *heart* fluevog! I'm still grateful you talked me into my fluevog combat boots. :)

Amanda said...

i adore your hats!

Poison said...

about how much do the hats cost?