Thursday, March 29, 2007

In where I gloat and gleam

Please on my behalf enjoy your day, make good fun of it, and mock those around you whom choose to be "normal". Yeah we all know we're the normals ones, and they're all just bleamin' mad! mahmammhmhmhmmmmhhhhhhh
Hello all you boys and girls.
I'd like to take you to the inside world.
Its quite an irregular place to be.
But never fear you're safe with me.
Well, maybe
(Frizzle Fry, Primus)
reminds me of the Anti-Pop CD release, way-o-back in what, '99? Gosh has it really been that long since I ditched school at SFSU, and walked from BART to the Warehouse on Columbus and something.. What a rad day. Primus playing for free, Les lookin' like freakin' Castro. That was a wild day.
Rather a meek remembrance compared to today! Hah it's my BIRFDAY!!!!
Ok, I'm not freakin' out but I am rather stoked. I'm 30. I seriously have never felt my age, perhaps that's why I'm still so perky after all these years. Or the morphine..j/k none of that crap-o-la here.
So on knitting news, I got my email from Knit Happens today. Yep that's right. 8 lbs. 6 oz. is soon to be mine. Ah the yarny-ness of it all. The Noro, the Rowan, oh goodness! Oh yeah the Lorna's Laces too, can't forget that impulsive one there. EEEhhhh.
About last night, LOVED it. Seriously what good fun. Although my right shoulder would have me believe differently. I really got a kick out of the class, and oodles of free roving to try my hand at. Goal for this week is to try all those freebie's and see if I can spin them up. I must admit, I make a great art yarn. Hmm not quite the goal of the class, but for an hour and a half of spindley goodness, not too shabby, huh? My friend though, ooh she is so skilled, I must remember she has tried her hand at this thing, even if it was just a little. But her example was rather even. No I'm not jealous, I merely have something to strive towards.
Tonight is another Beer Bitch Meetup, downtown, and I'm bringing Raspberry Pink Lemonade cupcakes. They're rather yummy, if only a little too sweet. And I'm bringing down some of the best scone's I've yet to make w/ Mary's and mine first batch of Lemon Curd, from our own lemons to boot. Black currant w/ lemon zest from my delightful Cheeseboard Collective book. It's a local shop, all Berkeley-a-fied, and well established and just fabulous, and co-owned. I love google. I love my KitchenAid Mixer (I love my mummy!).
Cheers all and have a loverly day, and beautious weekend.