Friday, June 1, 2007

My internets is down, man.

Not only is it down at the house, but my little G4 Mac has an STD virus. Stupid wireless. Stupid Hacker. Stupid phone # left on my hard drive that even confused the techy Husbeast.
So until that one is up and running properly (hopefully w/ all my software!) the picts will have to hold off.
So...
Yeah.
Uh, I went into Bezerkeley this morning, in an ill fated attempts to find the perfect 8 gauge earrings. Instead I came away with some delightful children's books, which I absolutely adore. One is Sleeping Beauty, and then a Cinderella both with fantastic silhouette's as pictures. Why yes Gocco prints are what I initially thought. Then also a copy of Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. And for the husbeast 2 Boy Scout adventure books.
I don't believe I ever mentioned how we met. If you're interested, we originally met when we were 17. It was at the Boy Scout Winter Awareness Weekend that was held at my high school, and at which my Girl Scout troop 1222, was teaching at. I was in charge of the clothing section and as a demonstration on how to keep warm we had a volunteer put on my green panty hose. Well that volunteer was my future husband.
I briefly remember standing in the courtyard with my other Girl Scouts and talking to the Boy Scouts, and there he was standing on the other side of the circle from me. All skinny and uber dorky and gangely, with a super huge nose. But he was rather cute and shy.
He says he remembers my ass best. Thanks doll. I still contest he has my 18 year old ass. (it's sooo cute, it is)
Well needless to say even though I tried to see him again, I didn't. That's until almost 5 years ago. We were both sitting down town and I was doing a cryptogram when I was totally stumped and I asked the guy next to me if he thought the answer looked right. (it wasn't in case you were wondering)
And then a few days later one of the local bums was saying some realllllly rude things to me and about my gender and this same guy stood up and defended my honor. I went home that night and told my mom I met the nicest guy, and told her the story.
We started dating shortly a mutual friend's birthday. That was about December 18th. 10 days after we met we took a road trip up north to see particular family members. That was a time.
ahhhhhh. Gush....
To think that we originally met when we were 17, and didn't meet again for another 7 or so years. I think it' s rather cute, and endearing.

No comments: