Tuesday, September 4, 2007

ahhhh holidays

What a novel notion having 3 days off. I only left the house once on Saturday, otherwise that we stayed put, and it was just lovely. We did have people over for a BBQ, you know all the peeps that didn't go camping. It was fun and a bit boring, but all in all it was rather impromptu. And in most ways I must say we have some rather kookie friends. Nothing was ready in time, all the food came in more like a 7 course meal action. But once that was over with, out came the instruments. I hope our neighbors left, but I really don't think they did.



We all shared instruments, and let me just be the first to say I haven't played a true piece of music since 5th grade back when I played the cello. The husbeast and I dug out or roomy's trombone, and harmonica, and someones left behind and broken (but fixed by hubs) drum peddle, and an electric guitar. One of the friends brought a very nice acoustic. Then I was bad...I went and dug out my child's accordion. Really it's more of a squeeze box w/ 2 cords. But lemme tell ya...it's real fun to play on New Year's Eve at our local camping spot, and even better in their toidies. (bathrooms another words).



So there we are, sitting around our little bonfire, shooting shots of Casadores, each person playing a bit of this instrument, and then passing it along to the next person, and so on and so on, until we had each played everything we wanted to. It was fun! It was silly, it was cacophony! Let's just say I really can't hold a tune on a trombone, nor a harmonica (sometimes) and well the accordion no one can hold a tune but it's cute and makes hideous noise.

But that acoustic guitar. Oh my! I would almost go out and buy one for myself if they weren't so darn costly. I haven't played a guitar with such gusto and conviction as I did on Sat. I really enjoyed the sounds and the way that they just rolled off of the cords and out of the body. What fun!!!!



What a night, awkward and just weird. Much akin to most of our gatherings.



On the knitting front I dug through my stash and came across some sock yarn and another mystery yarn. The sock yarn is Jojoland, and the mystery stuff is 2 ply that I am currently unplying as I go along. So there's the green stripe and the blue stripe that are from the mystery yarn. Oh yeah, I'm using these things to make the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Yeah for crappy cell phone picts!
Cheers all and Happy knitting.

No comments: