Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First of the Years Faire

Well I suppose it would suffice to say that Valhalla Faire was fairly ok.
Yes, just a meager ok. The weather was lovely, and the company was well kept, even though the husbeast was granted stay at home (not his cuppa). I believe I was let down by the inadequacy of some of the vendors. My belief is that any Renaissance Pleaseaure Faire should be solely craftsmen and artisans, not hawkers with Chinese goods still in plastic bags. Major disappointment in that respects. I may go back next year but I don't believe I would be soo enthusiastic.
I did get a few goodies, but alas without a home computer, the descriptions do little justice.
But do know that one day I may photo my cute new little clay bird house, and the matching mug, not the incense nor the hand made soap, but I may show off my cute little hat that I finally finished, Sat. morning just in time to wear it all day at Faire. It's actually cute, and has had more than one life.
On the way back I stopped in Placerville at Empress, which I liken to a gypsy store, and the husbeast refers to as a Buddhist store, so you get the picture. I picked up a lovely throw. One of those Indian block prints that are just huge. We currently have 2 celtic ones on the walls in 2 different rooms (fabulous when the walls are lathe and plaster-uck!). This new one though I hope will adorn the buffet table at our upcoming Wedding Reception. It's kind of a gingham print also, just kind of strange.
While walking around Faire I began a new mittlett, this one still being done in the Noro Silk Garden, but it starts out in a brilliant green. Yum. I don't know if anyone else saw the new Knitty, but that tank top sweater thing in the Silk Garden looks rather rad. Note to self, Noro tends to grow when not knitted at an appropriate tension. And grow it will do my pretties.
Oh yeah, I did participate in the World Wide Knit in Public day, hope others did in their own way also.
cheers and happy week.

No comments: