Thursday, June 14, 2007

Words, Words, Pictures, Words

Since my computer is on the fritz from the evil hacker, (the husbeast is diligently working on this ~thanks baella) I assume anyone out there must be getting bored of just words, words, words. So here I do present in lieu of words, PICTURES!
These are of a weaver woman in the Galapagos Islands, (I do believe). Taken by my co-workers daughter about a year ago. Here you have silk worms growing on what looks to be a paddle from a cactus.


Ahh some good ol' back strap weaving. I believe the back strap itself is hand woven.
Also check out the back wall, are those llamas? How cute are they.
Well tonight's the Beer Bitch Meetup, I get to show off the results from the Faire hat, and figure out what's on the real needles next, you know no more mittletts...even though there is one on the dpn's as we speak. It's actually whispering to me from my handbag here on the floor, oh yoo hoo~oh you who~come knit my instead of blogging or working...yes I'm a bad employee.
Lately I've been hankering to start making a new handbag, perhaps solely for knitting goods, as if the 1960's makeup case isn't enough. I have some lovely handles that are burning a hole in my stash, with little strawberries of color. But they're square, so there's no over the shoulder business in that bit. On the same note, I have 2 silver coin purse closures, a bejeweled larger clasp closure, clear handles with a slight scallop, and a sporran/antique clasp closure. Now why haven't I been making and felting more handbags? I think maybe because I don't want to waste the yarn, or I'm lazy. There really isn't any good excuse.
Perhaps I should make a resolution now. I will make a felted handbag, and I will use the cute handles in my stash, as a reward to myself for finally following through with this plan I will purchase a needle felting tool. That way I can embellish the handbag in swirls and flowers or little lady birds. Yes that's it by Jove. Now to only stick to my guns.
Cheers and go wish the Yarn Harlot a happy birfday, cause she works her little buns off for the recognition that we knitters deserve.

No comments: