Thursday, June 7, 2007

I had thought I may get off easy

What with this eloping thing that the husbeast and I participated in, but as it so happens, I am getting a bit knee deep in the party planning thing. Food, cake, decorating, fixing up my mums house ~or advising her at least ;) , fixing up my new abode ~and it's garden (heaven!), invites, and save the dates and more invites, and kegs of beer procuring. The list does go on and on, as I'm sure you could fathom. All in all I can genuinely same I'm glad there's someone else here to help me do all this.
If I sound as though I'm complaining, please do not take it to be. It's more of a mental list that runs through my head on a daily basis. I suppose the more I write it out the more important and real it actually becomes. Today I've spent a decent amount of the time registering for crap. Things that will fill the domicile and maybe even make me pull my hair out due to their abundance. But upgrading is not such a bad thing.
Speaking of upgrading, here's a great story:
2 nights ago the husbeast and I brought my old mattress over to the house, now we don't need it ourselves, but a few years ago, yes years, the husbeast was looking for the cat and discovered the roommates bed to be a lumpy old rock. Seriously deceiving piece of fabric and bedding. So fast forward to present day and the mattress now in place of the old futon piece of dookie...
It's around 11:30 pm and the roomy gets up, goes to the lu and doesn't come out. Literally it's 20 minutes later and we're wondering if wonder boy is dead or what. I send the husbeast to investigate and he opens the door to said roomy laying (nearly nude) on the grodie bathroom floor, on his side with his hands together under his cheek. Ahh how cute, he preferred the nasty-ass bathroom floor to a proper mattress. eeeheh.!
It was just a rather random thing though. Come to find out it was a mixture of little to no dinner, too many pints from the house keg (Lagunitas Maximus), and a sensation of vertigo. This being from the mattress resting 2.5 feet in the air as opposed to his general 1 foot off the floor. This perhaps has now been rectified as the offending futon now rests in the living room.
On knitting news the 16th or 17th pair of mittletts with rather long cuffs are nearly finished! Woohoo. They will go back to their respective owner tonight, at the Beer Bitch Meetup.
This weekend is the Tahoe Valhalla Renaissance Faire, can't wait I'm getting giddy...
I'm traveling up there, possibly by myself or with one of the guys' girlfriends in tow. And carting all the gear, which tends to be the duty of the person with a truck (namely me). My costume is all accounted for, and pictures will be taken just as proof of true gypsy Faire garb. And perhaps of a newly knit/reworked hat.
Oh for my own pleaseure, a list of my costume, as a means of entertaining and perhaps a tad bit of bragging~hey this is a costume that has taken 16 years to piece together.
Lets start at the feet and work up shall we then:
shoes~duh, but the new Keen mary janes will be perfect.
Green Stockings-knee high
Maroon Skirt
Multi-colored and Indian block print wrap as Under Skirt
Green Gauze over *skirt* with braided belt
on said belt, 2 wolves tails. Both blonde and black in color (sorry I believe in fur caught wild)
2nd Belt, leather.
on said belt, deer spine (hanging from scarf -found objects), fox head pouch, clay mug and holder, flask with scotch
Shirt-old indigo colored triangle gauze with flowered embroidery
Bodice-half bodice in traveller style, adorned with a Fischer tail and a Mink's tail, found snake skin agate, Scottish Heather Broach, and a rabbit fur rose.
On the shoulders, depending on the weather is either the Nigerian scarf, or the Scottish wrap.
On the head, depending on weather again, another Nigerian scarf, or the new hat.
Other stuff, my Chinese sun umbrella, and my lotus flower felt handbag.
I believe that may be all.
EEEEEHhhh Faire.
I wait all year to Faire, and now I get to go to the one in Tahoe and Casa De Fruita, choice!
On a secondary note, I will not apologize for loving fur, and neither will I explain myself. It's my choice, but that's the beauty of where we live, CHOICE. I have an option and an opinion and I'm willing to use them.

No comments: