Monday, June 25, 2007

A hat and some cake too

Actual knitting to report, it' s a hat. It's to be a felted hat, it's from Felt It! In particular, a rather fetching cloche hat with a really cute brim.I suppose I'll see if it felts and fits. The green is mystery wool, perchance from the riche~sheeshei LYS, not exactly in my area. And the grey is Cascade 220. Unfortunately I don't have any ball bands from the green mystery wool, but it's sooo yummy and lovely I couldn't pass up making a hat from it's 2 balls. (hehehe) It must have some sort of alpaca or angora in it because there are a few wild hairs that stick out from time to time, and well as I said it's just a delight to touch.

Hmmm blogger's auto double lining the posts again...

heheh

Yesterday was kind of fun around here. We began the day by helping my mum to create a flagstone patio for the reception and when I say we, I mean myself but more so the roommate!, created this awesome gorgeous stone patio. The rock is Three Rivers tumbled stone and there are little bits of green and red and black, and I'm showing my uber goober side when it comes to stones, ahghgk. I kill me.

The only reason I wasn't able to help as much as I would like is that my mum and I had a cake tasting date. And boy was that ever rad. The bakery is in Oaklandish, and just fabulous, not over the top riche~sheshei, but just right, as we walked in off the street in our dirty ass work clothes. I'm so delighted, I got the cake I was hankering over. It's a square two tier cake with butter cream frosting, yeah not much into the hard frosting crap. And there's three dimensional cherry blossom on the tiers. I'm so stoked, the flavors, yes each layer is different, are for the bottom, chocolate with a chocolate mouse with whole raspberries rolled in (that's for the husbeasty). The top layer of the cake is a cream cheese pound cake with lemon, and when I say lemon, it's totally all Lemon, and that's with strawberries, and more of my tastes. As to the colors of the cake, well I really want periwinkle blossoms, I love periwinkle. And for the base it should be a greenish or blueish color, with the brown from the cherry blossom branches. I'm rather leaning towards a nice lime green, with a darker green piping around the bases of the cake.

I'm so tickled over the fact that I don't have to make the cake, you don't even know. Woohoooooo. A big huge thanks go to my mum, for the cake. I was totally going to make one when she piped in that she wanted a traditional cake. That's probably better then the Persimmon Pudding with hard sauce that would have been our cake otherwise. Have I ever mentioned that we're not exactly normal people. This is where I may need to point that out. Perhaps I'm normal, but well the husbeasty he's a little different in certain aspects, like food. But I will totally save your ears for another day.

I guess that's it for now...

cheers and happy knitting then


No comments: