Thursday, October 18, 2007

Haha Victorious and a Contest!

Well after many trials and tribulations I am here with a contest! Yes you heard it right. A contest! So:

There is a a story behind this very famous artists piece of work. It's a small piece hanging in a British Museum that we so happened to visit back in 2005. We went for the New Year, and stayed three weeks, with his family and family friends, and tons of youth hostels (certainly the way to go). Well when we were in this rather wonderful museum the husbeasty's mum and I popped into the Lu to spend a quick penny (go pee) and when we came out the husbeast quickly ushered us to the shop and away from the gallery. Well as the story was so told it turns out that the husbeast went back into said gallery, and with the attendant sitting near by ushered the loudest, and crackiest FART that one should never issue in any public place. And as it so did happen to be he uttered it directly next to this poor poor piece of art, do note how she weeps. I for one certainly could never blame her for her toils, and troubles for I certainly know why they are what they are! I quickly grabbed a pad of DIY post cards and scribbled a stick figure drawing for his brother and father back in the states with the whole grotesque story outling the events of that day...forever to be in our memories, ahh sweet sweet memories.

The Contest here is to identify the very famous artist who created the husbeasts claim to fame..bonus points if you can identify the name of the piece.

The winner very well may receive some yarn, and perhaps a little something else.

Off I go to dig through my stash!

The winner will be announced on my 100th blog entry! I think that may be this Tuesday.

Much thanks to the never-more blogless best friend of mine Contrary Colleen for her efforts for me on the pict.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes you want to scream Picasso, but it has hints of Miro to me... Hmmmm...... Dunno.... xxo It is wonderful though!!! (bet someone like Paul Mcartney did it in the end, hee hee)

Anonymous said...

for some reason Henri Mattise keeps popping into my head, but i second Vannessa on the comment that it's probably Paul McCartney or somesuch! :)