Friday, October 5, 2007

YAY!

It's official, we're moving into a house with no roomy. And best of all my dog will have a home within our house now, even if the puma (our cat) objects. Best of the best is location. It's on another court, in the flat lands (not soo cool), but our commute time is cut in half, AND it's a block away from the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory. Which I believe now I've given too much detail away, but oh well. The smell of chocolate is in the air 24-7 there. It's so intoxicating!
Tonight we sign the papers and meet our new landlord.
Then we slave away at packing. And when I say slave, I really do mean it. See the husbeast is a bit of a techno geek IT Hacker-fixer dude with a penchant for computer monitors and brains. So there's about 10 monitors of varying weights, and about 15-25 brains as I call them. I know, just don't ask how many of them actually work...
Then there's my junk collection, all the plants in barrels in the backyard, and to top it all off, my collection of hideous furniture. (Actually all my furniture is unique and rather cute as most of it has come from the Berkeley Urban Ore- a huge second hand place of unique oddities!)
Oh and did I neglect to mention the 5 motorcycles, only 1 of which (mine) still runs. The others are all in a multitude of disarray. Oh, and the VW Vanagon that hasn't been started in 3 years.
The poor poor roomy he'll have a empty 4 bedroom house. Hopefully he can find a new roomy if that's what he truly wants to do. I think he should. It gets horribly quiet up there.
Best of news, we'll be relatively 3 blocks from my best bud's new home! Whoooho!
Off to knit mittletts I go.
And if you're ever in the East Bania, go check out Lacis, a store to be drooled over. I got a new book there, From the Neck Up an Illustrated Guide to Hatmaking by Denise Dreher, and some hat wire.
Cheers and Ta for now.

1 comment:

Seamstrix said...

I have that book! If I'd have remembered it, I would have loaned it to you. But at least you discovered Lacis. The lady that runs it is soooo nice.