Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Where in I propose my love for Stiffie!


Like the smell of rusted salt
curdling on the vine
I give you the answer to the earths divine
quest
ion
A man once sat with me at a cafe table
in a town outside of Rome
Heaped with the words of an unearthly gnome
find the Tate ,
and Picasso too,
squash the Weeping Woman
You will find true love
coming from,
and just in time.
All this moving and replacing journals on shelves has reminded me that I once could write, and write well, and write odd, and off kilter. Some sad, some true but always I would just write. So please pardon my dust as I clean off a few free cells and try to recreate the world I once inhabited in my own space, and my own time.
So there you have your answer. To the question of which artist my man so blighted with his natural perfume! It was Picasso, so many close answers (wherein I snort since only 4 people joined in, but the odds were fabulous!) and the pencil drawing was Weeping Woman #29. And yes how she must still weep, as the husbeast performed his act in malice, and on purpose! Well I never.
So as odd and odd may be, there were two correct answers, and two simultaneously stuck together pieces of paper, so as chance may be, there are two wieners, I mean winners! Yeah, and I do swear they did not cheat, but yes they are two of may closest buds. Strange I had no idea they knew art (cough *google*) so well. So cheers and here's to Erin of Seamstrix Art, and Mary of Contrary Colleen. Also both are new bloggers, welcome to the outlandish world we have created for ourselves ladies, do stay a time and perhaps enjoy some tea and bickies. I will have you both know that I just farted for you in honor of your winnings. No seriously I did. Hmm, I suppose this calls for pressies. I know Contrary Colleen is tired of accumulating a stash, so tell me is there anything you so desire? A new set of mittletts, or a pair of Mary Jane Slippers, or a hat? Something simple and yet worthy? And Erin, likewise something I could do for you, or are you in it for the yarn? I have a plethora of yarn, and some mohair bits from the husbeasts godmother's Angora Goat Farm I could be persuaded to part with, as it's been ever so many years and I have yet to do anything with any of it... do tell ladies, do tell.
Now onto the juicy news...
Let's just start the day off with some lovely Eco-Wool by Cascade, shall we. Do you people realize that for $15 you can purchase nearly 500 yards of lovely wool! Now that's not much money for the amount of wool...I just saw a rainbowed art car drive by with a pair of legs glued upside down to the roof ~dang this is a strange little island... sorry about that I wish I had my camera ready. (I want one of those) Yeah so um, ecowool, good, art cars cooler. Let's just say this is going to become another Hemlock Ring Blanket, we'll see if it lands on my couch, or my mums.
In news of the sneakiest sorts, I can't really show picts, but the latest and swappiest hat, she is nearly finished. This is where in I profess my love for Stiffie brand fabric stiffener. What, oh get your minds out of the gutter, buggers. Do you see that sneak pict over there, yes it's black and it's in the shape of ~strike that last intrusion there are 2 sets of legs glued upside down to that art car! Dang missed it again, perhaps she'll drive by a third time just for me.!~ So yeah, hats are still really really cool, especially when they hold their form, and don't look like udder crap. There are still a few areas that need a little re-stiffie-ing, but I'm still really impressed. Thanks to the blessed Erin, for having a birthday party where you allowed me to walk away with your fabulous stiffie. It's a life saver, truly.
And last but not least, this hat you;ve previously seen, is destined to be the Ministress of Silly Walks, just in time for my brothers All Hallow's Eve Party, up in Washington (really Portland area). The husbeast has his bowler, and suit, and umbrella. Myself well I am to have my mini topper, suit like dress, and parasol. But really we'll see if I stick with being the ministress. I'm not entirely sold, as I prefer something a bit more garish, and involved, and well, less Monty Python comical.
If yo look hard enough in the background you can see my mummy, isn't she cute. And well yes even in the lovely new house, my crafty mess does claim all areas. Well I believe that shall soon be rectified (I once used this word when talking to a table when I was cock tailing, letting them know I would rectify dudes meal! ~horrible I know, but really when else can you have fun and poke people in the ribs so especially when they're surrounded by all their big burly guy friends), as last night I spilled a solution of stiffie and water on the floor of our new house! I'm sooooo bad.
Oh well I believe I'm off to go look at lovely sweaters at the Old Navy, yes I know I despise them, but eeh gahd they're soooo cute. The sweaters that is.

2 comments:

Contrary Colleen said...

I googled nothing! I may not have gone to art school, but it looked unquestionably picasso to me :b

Seamstrix said...

I had no doubt it was Picasso...just had to get the right wording in my search. I thought "weeping woman" might help. ;)