Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ah yes, now that's better

Isn't it though.
We awoke this morning to pea soup fog, and it was delightful. I love the way fog turns everything translucent in some weird hazy way. It's still here and it's midday. Loving it, loving it I tell ya.
After visiting with the in laws last night, and yes MIL the wonderful fed us a great dinner of lamb curry (got to love leftovers!). And then bade us take home some metal shelves for the garage to appease the organizational skills of the husbeast. Then she also bade us to take her grandmothers chairs off her hands. Of course we have to go back for those, but with the husbeasts 32 birthday coming next week we'll be over soon enough. They're the cutest little white chairs with tiny little seats, but so adorable. Some paint stripping is in order, but that's been decreed my job as there are numerous woodworking projects lined up for the man.
After getting the shelves into the garage with the husbeast gleefully filling them I left him to his work, and ... finally... sat down .. to my sewing machine. Yes I did, I sewed a brim and a top to a mini topper in the wonderful yellow. I did hit one snag where the bobbin and the needle fought, so there' s a bit of a boogery part to the top piece ~but not that noticeable.
I was unable to figure out the proper way to iron on the interfacing. I know how silly of me, so I just sewed it in place with the fabric. The ironing would actually help the fabric be a little more taught, but I actually burnt the first piece I did! I'll have to call the experts on this one. Mommmy?
Too bad she's driving down to LA to pick up the cutest little puppies being flown in from Australia. She has a thing for Jack Russell, Parson Russell, and now the sweet little Russell Terriers. A little boy is coming to stay with her and then the little girl is going off to her breeder friend in Florida. But the last one she got is just the cutest littlest wobbeliest schmooshiest wuv muffin around. And no I am not exaggerating, there are mellow terriers out there. And yes they are a newer breed mostly in Australia and Sweden right now, but the US is starting to see them appear. So keep your eyes peeled for the short little Russel Terriers out there.

No comments: