Sunday, January 20, 2008

Calorimetry Gone Wrong!



I believe I have found my muse, and the model du jour, oh Tyra! I have your next Top Model! Tyra! Why isn't she listening to me. Here you have the hubeast holding our beast, Haze my precious leetle pitbull. And yes he is all meat head.
This is the second calorimetry I knit since Thursday. The first one is destined for the head of my bff, but thus little ditty is for me. And it's so pretty, and it fits rather well.
Please note that the first one I made in Manos de Uruguay with 110 sts, not the 120 called for and less the # of short rows (still using 8's ~and getting gauge). That was too big for my fat head, so I made a second one in a lovely wool terra of the earth? I'm not sure but the spin of this is just delightful as it has this illusive purple in the color. I'll try to find the brand later maybe. Also note that for the second one I made I started with 96 stitches. WTF! It fits though, and I lurv it just in time for the latest cold temps and piercing winds. Too sad no snow :^(
Oh and the next hat is on it's way. Get this it's lemon chiffon. Oh so lemony... mmm lemon curd, lemon meringue.

2 comments:

Seamstrix said...

I made that a few months ago according to the pattern and it was waaaay too huge. Haven't tried again yet...

Contrary Colleen said...

LOL - Poor Haze! He looks so downtrodden.